I have little or no patience when it comes to losing weight and being healthier. It can be like the worst thing EVER if it’s a drag. But I’m not messing around this year with un-fun, draggy-pants weight loss. Nope. I’ve made a pledge (to myself) to lose weight and have fun doing it! I’ll be starting with these totally Fun Ways to Lose Weight and Feel Awesome!
- Sniff instead of snack. Not that I’m a huge midnight snacker or anything like that, but there’s been some research that says that people actually eat less when they take a big whiff of peppermint, apples, or some other fragrant fruit in place of a snack. I really like the way these things smell anyway, so I’m thinking I might just have to diffuse peppermint oils around snack time instead of chomping down.
- Walking with my hubby before dinner. Here’s the key, apparently, if you walk before you eat, that will make you a little less hungry. But if you run, then, it’s like the opposite happens. This whole thing also has to be a life-change and there’s no way I’m going to be able to incorporate running into my life for more than a week! LOL! So, we’re going to take a quick walk (maybe 20 minutes) every evening before dinner…Super fun!
- Simply eat healthier. I’m going for the gold on this one. I have an incredibly difficult time cooking meals that are healthy and it’s no fun for me at all to make things that I then totally feel bad eating because they’re not healthy…it’s a vicious cycle! So, I’ve entered the Nutrisystem Pledge To Lose Contest. Healthier lifestyle changes should always be this easy.
- Put that fork down after EVERY bite. I’m not a super-slow eater like I want to be. I rush through every meal as if it’s my last–and I have no idea why. What that does is lets me eat more food than my body has time to register I’ve eaten, then I’m so full afterward that I feel like I might throw-up! I want to slow myself down and enjoy my meal more–and maybe eat less quantity. So, simple trick: putting my fork (or spoon or whatever) down after every bite. Chew, swallow, talk, then pick up my utensil and proceed!
- Brush my teeth after each meal. Apparently, that minty feeling you get after those bristles have done their scrubbing works something like that sniff of a peppermint. It signals to your brain (or stomach or something) that dinner is over and you don’t need anymore to eat. My dentist will love it, plus, it’s a great habit to be in anyway and gets rid of any pesky bits stuck between my teeth. Win-win-win, right?! LOL!
If you want to join me in the #PledgeToLose contest with Nutrisystem Diet Plans, you should hurry! This is the last week. If you’re getting-in a little late, you can always Join Nutrisystem on Facebook.