Recipe was made delicious by Avocados From Mexico as part of the Mom It Forward Network and Avocados From Mexico #AvosInSpace Blog Tour
For more Game Day recipes visit http://avosinspace.com/recipes/
Join the game day conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #AvosInSpace
It is officially Game Day and it is the one day of the beginning of the year you can forget about your diet and stuff your face with delicious food. Or is it? I mean, yeah, food is nice but wouldn’t it be better to watch the game without feeling overly full and without the regret later? I think so! So today I am partnering with Avocados from Mexico to share this delicious Avocado Ranch Dip!
It’s delicious and so much better for you than many other dips you might serve up today. It’s perfectly paired with fresh vegetables but you can use it on salads or really, anything your little heart desires!
What You Will Need to Make Avocado Ranch Dip:
- 2 Fresh Avocados from Mexico
- Pack of Ranch Dip Mix
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I used the plain)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onions, Chopped
- Cutting Board
- Food Processor or Blender
How to Make Avocado Ranch Dip:
- Start by mixing your ranch dip mix with the greek yogurt until well blended. Set aside.
- Chop up the parsley and green onions and place into the greek yogurt mixture.
- Cut your lime and squeeze all of the juice into the yogurt mixture.
- Cut and core your avocados. I cut mine into small cubes so it would be easier to blend.
- Place everything (including your cut avocados) into a food processor or blender and blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a bowl then chill for several hours. Once chilled, serve it up with fresh vegetables and enjoy!
Avocado is The Good Stuff That is Good For You
I love just avocados! They are great on their own and just about with anything you eat. Plus the Avocados from Mexico are available 365 days a year unlike many other fruits.
What? Did I just say fruit? Yes I did! Many people don’t know that avocado is a fruit! In fact, it’s a single-seeded berry. Awesome, right?
Here are some other fun facts regarding Avocados from Mexico:
- Because avocados come from plants, the fat contained within them is actually considered an oil — great news for fans of this incredible fruit!
- Avocados are cholesterol, and sodium free, and more than 50% of the fruit’s fat content is monounsaturated.
- What makes avocados from Mexico the best? The rich Michoacán soil, the warm sunshine, the nourishing rain, the coastal air.
- As a nutrient-dense fruit, avocados contribute nearly 20 vitamin, minerals, and phytonutrients to your diet.
Now that you know all about Avocados head to the store and snag some Avocados from Mexico and make this tasty recipe. Your guests are sure to enjoy it!