It is not every day that you get to take a traditional dish and put a tasty spin on it. But today is that day! We have partnered with al fresco to share this tasty recipe with you! Chicken Sausage Spaghetti Cups is the new way to eat spaghetti. Kids will adore these too!
What You Need to Make Chicken Sausage Spaghetti Cups:
- al fresco chicken sausage (we used the sweet Italian style)
- Roma tomatoes
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Refrigerated croissant dough
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. Ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Sausage Spaghetti Cups:
- Start by slicing your chicken sausage into small rounds and place into a skillet.
- Place the ground beef into the skillet and cook until meats are thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Add roma tomatoes, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spray the inside of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and place a piece of croissant dough into each cup. Gently press down in the middle so it gently folds into each cup of the muffin pan.
- Bake the cups for 5-10 minutes until they are golden brown then remove from the oven.
- Pour your spaghetti sauce into the skillet from step 3 and simmer until heated through.
- In the meantime, cook your spaghetti noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Once everything is cooked, assemble your spaghetti cups by adding a few noodles into the inside of a baked croissant cup. Then add sauce and top them off with fresh parmesan cheese.
Everything is better with Chicken Sausage
Here is the thing we LOVE sausage but it isn’t always the best for us. At least until now. We’ve been trying to incorporate more chicken and less of the other stuff into our dishes because chicken is a leaner meat. That is why when I found out about the al fresco all natural chicken sausage I was instantly in love. I decided to really put a spin on one of our favorite dishes (spaghetti) and make into bite size servings that incorporated the chicken sausage.
al fresco all natural offers more than 30 flavorful and healthy chicken products ranging from dinner and breakfast sausage to meatballs, chicken burgers and chicken bacon. Plus, al fresco is the #1 better-for-you chicken sausage brand in the U.S. because all al fresco products have at least 50% less fat than traditional pork and beef products, are 100% all natural and delicious.
There are no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no nitrates or nitrites, and are MSG/gluten-free. So how can you go wrong?
Wait, did I mention it tastes great too? Although it is chicken, you are not sacrificing taste which is a big one in our house since we have some picky eaters!
So, next time you make a grocery store run, make sure you find al fresco and give their products a taste for yourself. You can learn more by visiting their website and following them socially on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.