The holidays are upon us and you know those don’t come without a bit of craziness too. If you are looking for ways to entertain and feed your guests without sacrificing sleep then look no further! This recipe for an Easy Loaded Potato Casserole is so good, even your in-laws will be impressed! So get your oven ready because the holidays just got easy and tasty!
What You Need to Make an Easy Loaded Potato Casserole:
- 2 Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Packaged of Cooked Bacon, diced
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Green Onion, Chopped
- Casserole Dish
How to Make an Easy Loaded Potato Casserole:
- Cook your bacon according to the directions on the package. Once cooked, place onto a plate covered in paper towels to remove any oil.
- Once cooked, cut the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Wash and cut your green onion and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the Simply Potatoes packages into a large casserole dish and add your cream cheese. Stir well.
- Add about half of your cooked bacon pieces, 1 cup of your cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and stir well. Save the other half cups of cheese and the rest of the bacon for topping off at the end.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the dish is heated through.
- Remove and then top off with the remaining cheese and bacon. Bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and top with the fresh green onion. Serve and enjoy!
Make the holidays simple
As I mentioned earlier, the holidays can bring a bit of craziness to the table which is why I am all about simplifying things as much as possible. With Simply Potatoes, you don’t have to worry about peeling, cooking and cutting potatoes to have that perfect dish. It’s all done for you and you have fresh and delicious potatoes that are perfect for any dish.
Simply Potatoes are:
- Made with real ingredients
- Made with fresh never frozen potatoes
- Easy to prepare
- Less prep time
- Simply Made. Simply Satisfying
- Easy to have on hand
- No peeling or shredding required
- Versatile, delicious as is or in your favorite recipe
I made this casserole is less than half the time I would have if I had made the potatoes myself. There wasn’t a difference in taste either, it was delicious and nobody in my family knew that they were potatoes packaged and ready to eat! Imagine the possibilities as you make those side dishes for Christmas dinner. Your life can be easy and tasty!
Aside from the cooking aspect, here are a few of my favorite holiday tips:
- Use bags and tissue paper instead of wrapping paper, it is much faster and easier to wrap gifts that way.
- Use an artificial tree versus a real tree. Less mess and your money is not going to waste since you can reuse an artificial tree each year.
- Prep holiday meals ahead of time. You can put together your casseroles and side dishes a few nights before your holiday dinner. Then just pop them in the oven and that day is less hectic and gives you more time to spend with family and friends who are visiting.
- Avoid dishes by using elegant paper and plastic utensils and plates. Many stores carry high-quality plastic utensils that also look nice. Then they can be thrown away and you can avoid a mountain of dishes to do.
One lucky Totally The Bomb reader is going to win a Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware Oval Gratin 9.5” white ($50.89) like the one below. Just comment below letting me know your best holiday tip and you will be entered to win! Giveaway winner will be chosen on Thursday, December 29th. Good Luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.