Disclosure: This post was sponsored by General Mills through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls, all opinions are my own.
Nothing says “I Heart You” better than a delicious and sweet treat. So today we are in the kitchen with Pillsbury sharing these Heart Cinnamon Rolls which are so easy to make! You can use this recipe to show just how much you adore your loved one!
I’ll be the first to admit that when a food is cute and in a fun shape or form, I am way more inclined to eat it. My kids totally get that from me since they are that way too! It’s also one of those parenting hacks I use to get them to eat their dinner. Hey, whatever works, right?
With Valentine’s Day approaching quickly I figured it was time to get something fun up on the site. It’s even better if it’s filled with cinnamon and topped with ooey, gooey, icing. Am I right? If you said yes, you will want to check out the recipe below because I am sure you are going to heart it!
What You Will Need to Make Heart Cinnamon Rolls:
- Pillsbury Grands!™ Cinnamon Rolls – Cinnabon Cinnamon (with Regular or Cream Cheese Icing)
- Red Food Coloring
- Valentine Sprinkles (optional)
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
How to Make Heart Cinnamon Rolls:
- Start by opening the cinnamon roll canister and separate the cinnamon rolls. I then placed them onto a non-stick cutting board.
- Take 1 cinnamon roll and unroll it all the way as shown below.
- You will notice there is a crease in the roll at the bottom middle. This is going to be the tip of your heart.
- Take each side and roll it inward until you achieve a heart shape.
- Pinch the center of the crease together so the bottom of the heart comes to a point.
- Carefully place the heart-shaped cinnamon roll onto a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper. You can also lightly grease a cookie sheet instead.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls according to the directions on the package (I baked mine for about 17 minutes).
- While your cinnamon rolls are baking you can prepare the icing. Simply stir the icing and add in some food coloring. Continue to stir until all the white icing is colored.
- Once your cinnamon rolls are baked, remove them from the oven and place onto a plate.
- Drizzle the icing over the warm cinnamon rolls and then dash with some valentine sprinkles. Tip: If you want your icing to drizzle easier, pop it into the microwave for 5-10 seconds to melt it a little. Don’t worry, it hardens again once the cinnamon rolls cool down.
- When you are done decorating your heart cinnamon rolls then serve them up and enjoy!
The best part about these heart cinnamon rolls (other than them being completely cute) is that they are easy to make. You can really get the entire family in on the fun. You can cut the cinnamon rolls in half to make smaller hearts or even combine 2 rolls to make a much larger heart. Dye the icing different colors, and just have fun with it!