Most of the time you hear it’s all about surviving high school but I think it’s really about surviving college! College is one of the best and most difficult times of your life. It’s a time when you are an adult needing to make adult decisions and those decisions affect every aspect of the rest of your life. The downside is that it is tough and requires dedication to make it through. The last thing any new college student needs to be worrying about is what they need to survive it all. That is where parents come into save the day (or for at least 2 years).
So today I’ve partnered with Schick to bring you this College Survival Kit including a Free Printable Tag and Checklist!
The first thing that one needs to do when putting together a college survival kit is to head shopping! I visited my local Kroger store and picked up Schick Razors which were priced at $7.99 for a pack of 4. Razors will keep your college student looking and feeling great about themselves and we all know confidence can make a world of difference.
Once you’ve got the stuff (and by stuff I mean razors) to make them feel really good about themselves, it’s time to shop for the rest of the survival kit. I went ahead with things I thought were basics but were one’s that aren’t always thought of. This consisted of:
- Laundry Detergent
- Fabric Softener Sheets (because who wants itchy sheets in college?)
- A sewing kit (although, who knows if this will ever get used)
- Gum (another confidence booster)
- Mesh Laundry Bag
- Q-tips (“so I can hear you with them by dear”)
- Top Ramen (because college students are poor and need something to eat!)
- Tums (for when they get a stomachache after eating the ramen)
- Tylenol (for all the headaches in school)
- Lint Roller (you never know)
- Bar Soap (nobody likes to be dirty)
- Energy Drinks (energy is a must)
The final basket is filled of items that will help your college student be on their way to a successful and less stressful year. To make things easier for you, I’ve created a Free Printable Basket Tag and Checklist!
So when it’s time to send off your child to college make sure you send them away with items to help them survive. Don’t forget to pick up Schick Razors which you can find at your local Kroger, Rite Aid, Meijer, or Dollar General.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.