I love Halloween. So much in fact that if my husband would allow me to decorate for Halloween all year long, I would! So you probably get why I am starting to post about Halloween. So today I have partnered with Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions to share with you How to Make Your Own Monster Fruit Cups to get your little ones excited for this spooky holiday and more importantly, get them excited to eat their fruits and vegetables!
It’s no secret that kids don’t always enjoy their fruits and vegetables. Being a mom has taught me that fruits are definitely more favored and that kids are more likely to eat healthier foods if they are presented in a fun way. I mean who doesn’t love food that looks good enough to play with? 😉
So while my kids think I am just busting out another craft or kid-friendly recipe, I am giggling inside because I know what is really going on. I am busting out my secret weapon to get them to enjoy eating their fruits and vegetables. That is exactly what I love about Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions! Not only can they be used to make adorable snacks for my kids (like the monster above) but they are a combined serving of fruits and vegetables. Plus they taste delicious (taste just like fruit), do not contain any high fructose corn syrup, artificial ingredients, or artificial colors! So I think it’s a win-win!
So ask yourself, can something that looks good and sounds good really be that good? Well in this case yes it can! So what are you waiting for? Learn How to Make your own Monster Fruit Cups and make sure you snag New Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions which are available nationwide at a retail price of $2.99 for a pack of 4. You can also connect with Del Monte on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
What You Will Need to Make Your Own Monster Fruit Cups:
- Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions (I used Peach Mango flavor)
- Clear Drying Tacky Glue
- Googly Eyes
- Pom Poms
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- White Cardstock
How to Make Monster Fruit Cups:
- Remove the fruit cups from the package and turn upside down as shown.
- Take your cardstock and cut out some teeth. I folded the paper in half and then cut into a zig zag like pattern. Then I opened the cardstock and cut it into smaller pieces to make different sets of teeth.
- Glue googly eyes and teeth onto the fruit cup.
- Cut your pipe cleaner in half and glue a pom pom to one end of each pipe cleaner. You can do 1 or 2 antennas and can even make each monster different.
- Tape the antennas onto the backside of the fruit cup like shown.
- Turn the fruit cup around and you now have your very own Monster Fruit Cup!
Aside from making these for your own little monsters, they will be great to pass out for Halloween, at birthday parties, and so much more! I sure hope you enjoy making these as much as I did!
What is your secret for getting your kids to eat their fruits and vegetables?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.