I hate shopping for costumes if it’s not the day after Halloween (BTW, I love shopping for costumes the day after Halloween–they’re like $2 and always the most random fun). But my kiddos always want to pretend to be someone or something new–I guess their lives are just that boring. Their newest heart’s desire? Harry Potter. And now they can have any of these Awesome DIY Harry Potter Costume Ideas with little or no effort on my part!
15 Awesome DIY Harry Potter Costume Ideas
- Start any good costume with a DIY house patch. Pop that patch on quick-to-make robes and you’re done!
- Add some flare with printable Harry glasses. Or make some wire glasses to really step-up the game.
- Anybody up for a too-cute Hermione costume (think pleated skirt, sweater-vest and that awesome Gryffindor tie)?! Ooh! Ooh! Me! ME!
- Ah, Quiddich Robes, the first step in looking smashing for a tourney.
- Luna Lovegood Raddish Earrings are so cute, I probably need a set of my own. They’ll go perfectly with my Luna costume (complete with Spectrespecs!).
- For a crazy, hippy mom, this costume for Professor Trelawney would rock.
- If you’re feeling more like a baddie than a goodie, try making this awesome Voldemort/Professor Quirill costume. If that’s not your thing, just go straight-He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!
- If you’d rather not be THE baddie, try your hand at a Death-Eater Mask! Toss a black robe over the top and you’re done. Or, if you want a simpler design, this Death-Eater Mask rocks, too.
- Wanna be a little less bad and a little more conflicted? Once you go Draco…
- If you prefer riddles over conflict, become Dumbledore for the day.
- Another Professor is more like me, though. I’m all about Professor Maconnagall.
- Crazy more your thing? Make a Mad-Eye for a Mad-Eye Moody costume.
- I like cuddly, so naturally, I’ll be making a Hagrid costume to go with my cuddly monsters.
- Speaking of cuddly monsters, for your littlies, you can get them involved with a quick and easy $5 Owl costume or this No-Sew Baby Owl idea.
- Or you can make them into a tiny dragon. That’s cute, too. But don’t forget the awesome, easy wings–just color them before you glue to match your dragon and viola!
If you need some awesome accessories, be sure to check out our 30 DIY Harry Potter Crafts. Or, if there was an event in your life coming-up that totally needs edible Harry Potter deliciousness, we’ve got you covered with these 25 Harry Potter Snacks and Treats.
The Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter: 30 Magical Crafts for Witches and Wizards from Pencil Wands to House Colors Tie-Dye Shirts
Charming crafts even Muggles can make!
You won’t need alchemy or a magic wand to make these magical projects inspired by the world of Harry Potter. With a little Hogwarts creativity and the step-by-step guidance of this spellbinding book, you’ll be able to transfigurate simple supplies and things around the house into everything from Remembrall Rings to Butterbeer Lip Balm to Nargles for your front lawn.
You’ll be as busy as Mrs. Weasley knitting her Christmas sweaters as you dive into dozens of Potterific projects. Relive the excitement of Harry’s adventures with these genius crafts. Drop some homemade Pgymy Puff Bath Fizzies into the tub and pretend you’re Moaning Myrtle. Keep memories of the Quidditch pitch close with your very own Golden Snitch Necklace. Or show off the Sorting Hat’s selection with a House Colors Tie-Dye Shirt.
Accio, crafting supplies–it’s time for some wonderful wizardly fun!