DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
The holidays are filled with temptations to eat unhealthy treats. It’s Ok to indulge a bit, but include a few healthy appetizers in your offerings too. Many of these options are good for vegetarian and gluten free guests. Consuming these appetizers may help your waistline as well. After all, Americans tend to gain up to 5 pounds during the holidays. Filling up on healthy foods first can help minimize your temptation to binge on treats.
We’ve shared some great ideas for healthy treats for the kids, what about the grown ups? I came up with this list to help keep the flavor up, but the extra pounds down.
20 Healthy Appetizers for the Holidays
- Jalapeno Popper Quinoa Bites add some spice to any occasion.
- I love the festive holiday colors in this Pear, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad. It looks as good as it tastes.
- These Candied Walnut Clusters take a healthier approach with just pure maple syrup.
- Pumpkin Pie Hummus is a delicious twist on a traditional appetizer dip. So good!
- Wild rice adds a wonderful texture to this delicious Cranberry-Pear Wild Rice Stuffing.
- Adding Quinoa to this yummy Tabbouleh Salad adds protein to fill you up.
- Sweet Potato and Ginger Salad is sure to be a hit with all of your guests.
- One of my favorites are the Cucumber Canapés with Whipped Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Basil
- Bruleed pears are almost too pretty to eat, but taste divine once you do.
- The Super tasty Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon and Parmesan is another favorite of my guests.
- Caprese Salad Kabobs are so easy to put together at the last minute.
- So cute and yummy, I love these Party Perfect Savory Rice Bites
- Light, fresh, but still filling Mediterranean Cucumber Roll Ups are people pleasers.
- This Veggie Pot Pie is gluten free and filled with savory flavors.
- Roasty Toasty Carrot & Squash Soup can be poured into cups for a great appetizer.
- This recipe for Caramel Apple Slices includes tips for keeping your apples from turning brown.
- Caramelized Butternut Squash is another appetizer for guest with a sweet tooth.
- Black Bean, Pomegranate and Avocado Salsa combines great holiday colors and delicious flavors.
- Super easy to make and pretty to present are the Shrimp Pepper Popper.
- Another appetizer with holiday colors is the Party Rye with Tomato and Cucumber.
Have a very healthy and happy holiday season. Check out more on Jenn’s blog ComebackMomma.com.