I have some good news for movie goers, one of the largest movie theatre chains is planning to re-open next month.
Although, there are a few concerns I have returning back to movie theatres, and I’m sure you all do too.
So far, the movie theatre chain has addressed some of the concerns individuals might be experiencing as they expect to re-open their doors.
AMC Theatres has announced that they will be opening all AMC chains globally next month, according to a recent release from the company.
“We are currently planning to reopen almost all of our U.S. and U.K. theatres in July, to be positioned to showcase Warner Bros’ release of Christopher Nolan’s TENET now slated for release on July 17th followed by Disney’s MULAN now slated for release on July 24th,” according to AMC Theatres.AMC Theatres
AMC Theatres has stated that the safety of guests and associates are their first priority. Therefore, they have taken several steps to “optimize the timeliness, safety and profitability of our re-openings,” according to AMC Theatres.
Some of these precautions include:
- Maintaining close contact with local, national and international officials.
- Communicating with faculty from Harvard University School of Public Health for guidance on creating a safe environment. Strategies such as, “personal protection equipment, cleaning protocols, limited theatre capacity and blocked seating are all being planned.”
- AMC Theatres is also looking into “electrostatic sprayers, HEPA vacuums and wherever possible upgraded MERV 13 air ventilation filters.”
- Beginning a protocol partnership with the Clorox Company
- Educating guests
- “Aggressive marketing communications and promotional activity aimed for consumer demand”
- Reducing costs to lower spending
AMC Theatres has currently stated that the company has enough cash to re-open this summer. However, if they are restricted from re-opening, the company will need to borrow more money which is another concern for AMC.
Film delays are another fear factor as well.
For now, it is uncertain what to expect when and if movie theatres will open by next month. Although what we can count on, are specific guidelines and restrictions that will be put into effect.
So, what do you think? Will you be heading in to see a movie in theaters anytime soon?