I love a good breakfast. No really, breakfast is like my most favorite meal of the day. So much so, that I’ve been known to go about eating breakfast for other meals for a week (or more). It’s just such a versatile meal–sweet, savory or somewhere in-between, breakfast just rocks. And one of my favorite breakfasts is Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Cups made with Egg Whites. When they come out of the oven, these little yummies are melt-in-your-mouth, or they can be frozen and re-heated for a quick breakfast on the go. Perfect for me and my crazy lifestyle.
Ingredients for Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Cups:
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dry pack sun-dried tomatoes (3oz. package)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 cups AllWhites® egg whites
- 2 tblspn Crystal Farms® grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
Making Your Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Cups:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your favorite cupcake tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray. Or, if you’re like me sometimes, pop your liners in and then spray them with the non-stick spray. What happens in my kitchen is sometimes odd. Your choice.
- Mix the water, broccoli, tomatoes and onions in a microwave-safe bowl and partially cover. Microwave on high for approximately 3 1/2 minutes or until tender.
- Drain any excess fluid then allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix-in cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide veggie mixture into muffin cups.
- Pour AllWhites® Egg Whites into the muffin cups until each is about 3/4 full.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove cups from pan immediately and allow to cool on wire rack.
When you’re using dried sun-dried tomatoes, if you want them to be more finely chopped but aren’t having luck chopping them, try using scissors! Easy peasy.