I love chocolate sometimes. It’s the cure-all for all my ailments. And these Death by Chocolate Mini-Donuts are on the top of my list of snake-oil cures this week.
Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts
No, it’s not “that time of the month” so get your brains out of the gutter.
But I am all about the chocolate this week. I had a little decadent hot cocoa on a cooler day, then the next, I woke wanting mooooore!
So I made these Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts in no time flat.
That’s the cool thing about these little mini-donuts.
They’re simple–so very few ingredients.
They’re fast and easy–but fluffy and oh so tasty.
Just a couple of minutes with the mixer.
Ooooh…love adding the cocoa powder…kind of the best part…
Then it’s into the donut maker–or the pan for the oven, but who needs that when you have a donut maker?!
And a little dippity-do-da in some chocolate (because chocolate).
See, I can have these Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts made in the time it would have taken me to get clothes on, some shoes, grab my purse, hit the donut store, drive home and get comfortable again–then start eating my donuts.
Plus, the Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts are just plain fun.
When else do you have an excuse to get your fingers dipped in chocolate and lick it off?
Never? Yeah. Me too.
So, making these little treats is definitely, well, a treat.
Now, to make my Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts, I use a little donut maker.
Looks like a waffle maker, but instead of a place where you pull out waffles at the end, there’s a donut (or 6) at the end.
So, you can do it that way.
Or you can get a nifty donut pan–either way will work. Just get your Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts any way you can.
You deserve it.
But, if you DON’T have a mini-donut maker or donut pan yet, don’t despair!
Just pin this fun recipe for Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts so you can find it later, then order one or run to the store, whatever.
Then get back and make your own Death By Chocolate Mini-Donuts and drop a 5 star rating on us, so we know you want more yummy recipes like this from us!
- 2 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- Additional non-pareils sprinkles, as desired
- Preheat mini-donut maker (you can also cook in a donut pan at 350-degrees).
- With a hand mixer, combine the baking mix and milk. This should be liquidy like pancake batter--not thick like biscuit dough. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk. If too thin, add a little baking mix.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix with the hand mixer until the color is consistently brown throughout.
- Spoon into your mini-donut maker or donut pan. If baking, place in the oven for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the donut maker when slightly browned and the donut maker opens without tearing the donuts. Set aside to cool to the touch.
- Heat the chocolate morsels in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Dip donuts into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle on the non-pareils, as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 851mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 12g