Almost nothing says summer like cooking hamburgers on a grill, but sometimes it’s either too hot or too wet outside and that can really ruin a get together. No worries! This recipe for a delicious Double Burger will make your tastebuds dance and keep all the fun inside. So don’t let a little rain or heat stop you from enjoying this delicious taste of summer. Whip out the skillet, ready those knives…it’s time to cook it up right. Enjoy!
- For The Patty:
- ½ lb. Ground Beef (yes, ½ lb.)
- 2 strips Lightly Cooked Bacon (chopped)
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Chives
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Dash of Ground Pepper
- Other Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 slice Red Onion (all rings intact)
- 2 strips Bacon (cut into halves)
- 1 slice long Dill Pickle (thinly sliced and cut in half)
- 1 slice large Tomato (1/2 inch wide)
- 1 small handful Lettuce
- 1 whole Bun
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat stove top skillet to medium.
- Use hands to blend ground beef with chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped fresh chives, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Mold into a ball.
- No need to oil pan. Add beef patty to skillet. If available, use a cast iron press on each side.
- Cook patty approximately 10 minutes on each side (adjust your time accordingly if you prefer rare or well done beef patties).
- While burger is cooking, interlock raw bacon into a square basket weave (see photos). Place bacon onto skillet. Cook approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat to low. Add shredded cheddar cheese, red onion rings, and bacon basket weave to burger. Place lid onto skillet. Wait 2 to 3 minutes before removing lid. Remove burger from heat and set aside.
- Place bun onto aluminum foil and into oven. Bake for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Plate burger atop bun. Add pickle, tomato, and lettuce. Serve immediately.
For a delicious Tex-Mex twist, mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup diced jalapeño into the patties before cooking. Top with fresh sliced avocado and a twist of lime. Enjoy!