With all of the technological devices we have today kids tend to miss out on opportunities to get in touch with nature. So I think having a garden is a great way to get them outside and in tune with their surroundings. When you add Dinosaur Garden Markers to the mix, you know your kids will want to stomp around in the dirt for hours!
Supplies Needed to Make Dinosaur Garden Markers:
- Plastic Toy Dinosaurs
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl
- Clear Transfer Tape
- Silhouette Electronic Cutting Machine
- Silhouette Weeding Tools Kit
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Abrasive Dish Cloth
How to Make Dinosaur Garden Markers:
- In order to get the vinyl to adhere to the surface you will need to prepare your dinosaurs by cleaning the surface liberally with the rubbing alcohol using your dish cloth. Allow to dry.
- Open your Silhouette Studio software and design your text that will be placed onto each dinosaur. I sized my font to the dimensions shown in the image below.
- Cut your text on your vinyl using your silhouette cutting machine.
- Weed our your text using your silhouette weeding tools until you have a clean design like shown below.
- Apply your transfer tape to your weeded text and apply pressure. Gently peel away ensuring the vinyl sticks to the transfer tape.
- Apply the vinyl to the area where you cleaned with the rubbing alcohol in step 1. You may need to apply a lot of pressure since the dinosaurs are textured.
- Slowly pull away the transfer tape and use your finger to smooth down the vinyl in any areas needed.
- Allow your vinyl to set at least 72 hours before placing the dinosaurs outside.
- Place the dinosaurs in your garden as a great way to mark your different plants!
Looking for another kid-friendly garden marker idea? Check out these Kid-Friendly Mega Bloks Garden Markers!