DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s summer which means Shark Week is upon us. Whether you are hosting a shark themed party or just kicking back and watching some shark infested shows, you will want to make some tasty treats. How about giving this Edible Life Preserver Necklace a try? It’s completely edible and it’s so easy to make, even the kids can do it!
Ingredients Needed to Make an Edible Life Preserver Necklace:
How to Make an Edible Life Preserver Necklace:
- Open the package and grab one of the Twizzlers Candy.
- Carefully peel apart the candy in strands of two each. Basically you want to end up with a bunch of pieces that include 2 strings attached each (like shown below).
- Open your lifesaver candy and place onto the table.
- Break a piece off of the Twizzlers strand that is just long enough to reach around the lifesaver side to side.
- Firmly press down on the ends of the Twizzlers and it will stick to the lifesaver candy.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 to add another set of red string in a diagonal position. Remember you are trying to resemble a life preserver.
- Take the remaining pieces of the Twizzlers candy you peeled off in step 2 and twist the ends together to form a necklace.
- Keep doing this until the necklace is big enough to fit around your head.
- At the bottom of the necklace, press firmly against the backside of the life preserver so the backside of the lifesaver will stick to the ends of the necklace.
- You will then end up with a completely edible life preserver necklace! So cool right?
Looking for another fun and edible treat? Check out these Twizzlers Fireworks Treats!