I have recently gotten really into essential oils. The thing is, they’re good for all sorts of things, and I love putting a couple of drops into sugar scrub or bath salts. But one of my favorite things to use essential oils in is my beauty regimen!
It took a little while for me to figure out which oil does what, so that’s why I put together this list of essential oil beauty hacks.
Beauty Hacks Using Essential Oils
- Chamomile Essential Oil: Chamomile helps calm the skin. It can soothe irritated areas like spider veins, psoriasis, acne scars, eczema, and sunburns.
- Thyme Essential Oil: Thyme can help control and battle acne. It’s antibacterial properties stop pimples before they turn into a large break out. Add a few drops to some witch hazel for an awesome DIY toner.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary is an energizing scent that helps to clear the mind. You can use it directly on skin to help stimulate blood circulation and soothe aching muscles. It can also ease in joint pain.
- Geranium Essential Oil: Geranium is often used as an anti-aging oil. It has astringent properties that can tighten loose skin and antioxidants that can help stimulate cell turnover. (That means fewer wrinkles!
- Lavendar Essential Oil: Lavendar is one of the most popular essential oils people use as a sleep aid. But if you use it on your scalp, it can combat hair loss and can alleviate aches in the head, too! (This one comes in the Young Living Starter Kit!)
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint oil can soothe itches from poison ivy or bug bites when applied to the skin. You can also rub it on your hands and inhale to clear sinuses or soothe a tension headache. (This one comes in the Young Living Starter Kit!)
- Calendula Essential Oil: Calendula is great for acne prone skin. It can reduce redness and swelling. In addition to being anti-inflammatory, you can also use it to minimze under-eye bags.
- Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil: Ylang-ylang is commonly used on hair to protect against salty ocean water, and it can promote hair growth and thickness. You can also inhale this oil for some stress-relief.
- Jasmine Essential Oil: Jasmine is known for it’s ability to improve the elasticity of your skin. It can also be used to fade stretch marks and acne scars.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Eucalyptus is a healing herb that has been used for wound care. It is also a great all-natural insect repellant.
Essential Oil Freebies
I have completely fallen in love with essential oils and all the benefits for the entire family. I am super excited to have this TOTALLY NEW deal full of amazing goodies and freebies:
All the details can be found on my essential oils information page. These are the oils that I use and love.
This post contains consultant links.
Essential Oils for Summertime | Dynamic Blending
Thursday 10th of September 2020
[…] https://totallythebomb.com/essential-oil-beauty-hacks […]
Julia Stearns @ Healthirony
Monday 24th of June 2019
I dare to add that eucalyptus oil is also useful as an anti-fungal and can help kill mold or mildew.
Thursday 29th of October 2015
I work the night shift and really have a hard time getting enough sleep during the day. One of my friends that I work with recommended lavender oil and so far its been helping me relax and get in that calming state where I can easily fall asleep more regularly. Since I started this lavender oil regiment I have become somewhat a believer in how essential oils can help with sleep and even stress. I have to thank my friend and recommend her oils company, Healing Solutions, for the nice selection of essential oils.