DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I am totally in love with this easy to make fabric hair bow! It’s super simple and totally cute!
Denim hair bows are super cute, easy to make and only require a few supplies. The best part is, you can wear them in your hair, make them for your little girl or give them away as gifts!
What You Need To Make a Fabric Hairbow:
- 2- 3 ½ by 2 inch pieces of fabric (honestly, this can be ANY size depending on how big you want your bow to be)
- 1- 2 by ¾ inch piece of fabric, for bow strap
- Fabric safe glue or hot glue gun
- Alligator clip
How To Make a Fabric Hairbow:
- Grab your two larger pieces of fabric and place one on top of the other, ensuring that the side you want displayed is not visible. You want the wrong side of the fabric shown.
- Line them up and use two pins to hold in place. After placing your pins, sew around the perimeter to attach both pieces of fabric.
- When sewing is complete, grab your scissors and cut a small slit in the center on one side making sure not to puncture the other. This slit is required in order to turn the bow right side out.
- Turn the bow inside out, ensuring that all four corners are nice and neat. Use the end of your scissors to push out corners.
- Pinch the center with your index finger and thumb and add a few stitches to secure the pleats created. Now, grab your small fabric piece and fold the sides in lengthwise. Wrap around the bow and sew in order to create the strap. Cut off any excess fabric.
- To attach the alligator clip, add a few small drops of glue on the top of the clip and secure to the bow.
Making a fabric hair bow is easy. In just a few simple steps you can create a beautiful hair accessory. Try experimenting with different sizes and fabric selections to create a bow that is all your own!