These gluten free chicken sausage corndogs are delicious and totally safe to serve to anyone with a gluten allergy. Enjoy!
- 8 chicken sausages
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- canola oil
- wooden sticks
- Add oil to stovetop pot, just deep enough to fully cover corndog. Heat on high.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk or fork to mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and cinnamon.
- Pour wet mixture onto the dry mixture. Stir well until well blended. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken sausage dry. Rub a small amount of four onto each sausage (this will help the batter stick to the sausage). Insert one wooden stick into each sausage.
- Pour batter into a tall, narrow drinking glass. Holding the stick, dip each chicken sausage into the glass and fully coat with batter.
- Fry each chicken sausage corndog in heated oil for 2 to 4 minutes (rotating as needed). Remove from oil. Set each corndog on a paper towel covered plate (to absorb excess oils). Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Try using flavored chicken sausage for this recipe, such as apple maple. This is best when paired with cinnamon icing, but you can always use classic ketchup and mustard. Enjoy!