Minions releases this week in theaters and I figured, “Hey, we need put together some fun Minion crafts”. So we did! The first thing on our checklist was Minion Bath Salts! These are so easy to make and they turned out better than I even imagined! Kids are going to go crazy for these!
Supplies Needed to Make Minion Bath Salts:
For the bath salts:
- Epsom Salt
- Baking Soda
- Young Living PanAway Essential Oil
- Blue Food Coloring
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Mixing Bowls or Cups
- Plastic Funnel (optional)
For the Minion containers:
- Plastic Tubes
- Gray Felt Fabric
- Googly Eyes
- Black Adhesive Vinyl (electrical tape works fine too)
- Hot Glue Gun (and glue sticks)
- Black Sharpie Marker
How to Make Minion Bath Salts:
- In a large bowl combine 1 Cup of Epsom Salt with 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda. Stir until well blended.
- Add 1-2 drops of the essential oil. Stir well.
- Equally separate the bath salt mixture into 2 cups or bowls.
- In one cup put 10-15 drops of blue food coloring. Stir until well blended.
- In the other cup put 8-10 drops of yellow food coloring. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to create your Minion Bath Salt Tubes. The first step is to cut small strips of the vinyl or electric tape. Make them just large enough to wrap around the outside of the plastic tube.
- Wrap the tape around the tube entirely.
- Cut a piece of gray felt ensuring it just a bit bigger than the googly eye you are planning to use.
- Hot glue the googly eye to the piece of gray felt. Then hot glue those both to the middle of where you placed the vinyl.
- It’s time to fill up the tubes! Use your funnel and fill the tube about 1/3 of the way with the blue bath salts. This resembles the minions pants.
- Fill the rest of the tubes up with the yellow bath salts for the minion face and body.
- Place the lid on the tubes.
- The last thing you need to do is add a smile with your black sharpie marker.
- When ready to use, just dump them in your child’s bath! So fun!
These would make great party favors or even be a fun craft to make with the kids! Hope you enjoy them!
Looking for another kid-friendly bath salt craft? Check out these Dinosaur Bath Salts! SO cool!