DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Jurassic World is roaring it’s way into theaters this Friday (see what I did there?) and in celebration we just had to start on some dinosaur related crafts so we came up with this Jurassic World Inspired Dinosaur Soap! Aren’t they cute? The best part is, they are perfect for little hands. These would also make great party favors or make fun soaps to travel with this summer. Speaking of traveling, if you are heading somewhere like an island filled with dinosaurs, make sure you take this bug repellent with you.
Supplies Needed to Make Jurassic World Inspired Dinosaur Soap:
- Dinosaur Shape Silicone Mold
- Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Soap Color Blocks (you can also use the liquid colorants if you prefer)
- Essential Oils (any scent you want)
- Microwave Safe Measuring Cup
- Soap Cutter or Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Isopropyl Alcohol (in a spray bottle)
- Plastic Transfer Pipettes
- 4 Heat resistant cups
How to Make Jurassic World Inspired Dinosaur Soap:
- Using your soap cutter or knife, cut up the soap into small cubes (this makes melting easier). Place into your measuring cup.
- Cook your soap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove then stir. Continue to do this until all soap has melted.
- Add your essential oil using your plastic pipette. With Young Living Essential Oils, you only need 2-3 drops as it will be very potent. Stir well.
- Evenly separate the clear melted soap into 4 separate cups.
- Cut off pieces of the each of the color blocks and place them into each cup so you will have 4 different colors. Note: If you want all the dinosaurs one color you can skip this step.
- Pour the soap into the mold. Since there are 4 different dinosaurs I did each kind a different color.
- Spray the tops of the soaps with the isopropyl alcohol. This helps remove any of those air bubbles that float to the top.
- Allow the soap to harden uncovered for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once the soap has hardened, gently press from the back of the mold and the soap will pop right out.
- Use soap immediately or store soap in an airtight container (you can also use plastic wrap).
We love essential oils so much that we want to share them with you! Since we are independent distributors for Young Living, we can offer you amazing packages that you won’t find anywhere else!
When you order the Young Living Premium Starter Kit you will get everything you see above! It’s over $300 worth of products for only $150! Crazy right? Make sure you take advantage of this promotion before I come to my senses! 😉
These oils are exactly what you will see featured here on the site in crafts just like this one!