Here’s the thing, I love snacking. Snacking is sort of my thing and during the holidays, there seems to be a lot more snacking going on. If you have something with chocolate and peppermint, it has my name written all over it. So today I am partnering with Chex Mix to share with you How to Make Your Own Peppermint and Chocolate Chex Mix. It’s yumtastic!
Supplies Needed to Make Peppermint and Chocolate Chex Mix:
- 3 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Chocolate Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups of White Vanilla Baking Chips
- 1/2 Cup Coarsely Crushed Peppermint Candy (about 16 miniature candy canes, unwrapped)
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Waxed Paper (or Parchment Paper)
Recipe adapted from Chex Mix.
How to Make Peppermint and Chocolate Chex Mix:
- In a large bowl, mix the Rice Chex and Chocolate Chex cereal. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white vanilla baking chips. You want to heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted (about 1 minute 30 seconds).
- Stir some of the peppermint candy into the melted white chocolate.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal and mix until well coated.
- Spread the mixture over the wax paper on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining peppermint candy.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave using the same melting method from step 3.
- Spoon the melted dark chocolate into a plastic baggie and clip off the end. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture until hardened.
- Gently break into pieces and serve.
Spreading Love with Baking During The Holidays
I’ve always been a baker and growing up, that is all my mom and I did during the holidays (or at least it felt like it). That is why I have always baked with my son. Over the year’s he has helped me in the kitchen but now that he is 5, he can take on a lot more responsibility.
So this year I am excited to do all sorts of baking. I really enjoyed making this Peppermint and Chocolate Chex Mix because it was easy to do and my son was able to help me. I cannot wait to see what we will come up with next!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.