Easy Pear Dump Cake made and served in mini mason jars
- 1 fresh pear
- 1 boxed cake mix (you’ll only need 1/2 the mix) – yellow or white cake works great
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 4 wide mouth mini canning jars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse, peal, and core the pear. Cut into small pieces.
- Place the pear pieces in the bottom of the jars.
- Spoon a small amount of dry cake mix over the fruit pieces. The pears do not have to be completely covered. Tap the jar on the counter to let the mix settle in around the fruit.
- Melt the butter in a small pitcher in the microwave. Drizzle a small amount over the cake mix in each jar. Do not worry if the butter doesn’t completely saturate the mix.
- Bake the small cakes in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes. It’s easiest to do this by placing the jars on a baking sheet.
- Remove the cakes from the oven when they are golden brown and begin to bubble. Let them set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- They can be served warm or cool, topped with whipped topping or left plain. They’re a great dessert for a small group! To make for a larger crowd simply place the fruit in a large glass baking dish and use the full cake mix and a whole stick of butter.