DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
Shark Week wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t for Shark Infested Water. And with that also comes the need for good old Shark Bait, Shark Bait Popcorn that is! Because how else are you going to lure those sharks in?
So while you are enjoying Shark Week whether it’s by watching Jaws or a cute under the sea cartoon, this treat is a must-have! It’s sweet, salty, and everything a shark…I mean KID could ever ask for!
Supplies Needed to Make Shark Bait Popcorn:
- Swedish Fish (assorted colors)
- Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Gummi Blue Sharks
- Bag of Microwavable Popcorn
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
How to Make Shark Bait Popcorn:
- Pop your popcorn according to the directions on package.
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper ensuring the wax side is facing up.
- Lay the popcorn evenly across the top of the parchment paper.
- Place the candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and place into microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir. Repeat this process until all the candy is melted.
- With a spoon, drizzle the melted red chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Randomly add Swedish Fish on top of the melted chocolate.
- Add the gummy sharks around the fish.
- Allow the mixture to harden (about 20 minutes).
- Break up the popcorn and place into a bowl or cup.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Looking for another great Shark Week idea? Check out these Shark Jello Cups!