DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you have joined our super awesome Facebook group, right? If not click here to follow!
LEGO and Nintendo have teamed up to give us, quite possibly, the best thing ever – Nintendo LEGO Sets!
I LOVED playing video games growing up. In fact, I still have an original Nintendo with the original games. I ALSO loved Legos. I played them with my brother all the time.
So just on nostalgia alone, I’m sold. BUT, there’s more! You can actually create the Mario courses, complete with power ups and bad guys and everything in between. It’s as if Mario hopped out of the screen and is now as real as can be!
The current release date for these sets is August 1st, but they are already available for pre-order! The fact that they revealed this pictures ahead of time to get us ready and excited makes me happy!
There is a Starter Course that is necessary for kicking things off, and then Lego will launch the full line with 10 Expansion Packs and four Power-up Packs, which add new outfits as well as power-ups for Mario.
Players will also be able to collect 10 different enemy characters, like Fuzzy, Spiny, Bullet Bill, Bob-omb, and more.
The two companies started announcing this amazing launch back in March, and made it clear that this is part game and part brick building. And that is what truly caught my attention.
Those who buy these kits will be able to construct levels and actually move their Mario figure through the courses to defeat enemies and collect coins. Say what?!?
This whole launch is centered on this new, interactive Lego Mario figure that tracks a player/builder’s progress. There will also be tutorials on how to build the tracks and play the courses!
The Lego Super Mario app that will “further enhance the physical play experience,” Lego said in a news release. The app will track scores and assist with building instructions.
Here’s the full launch lineup with prices:
- Adventures with Mario Starter Course — $59.99
- Guarded Fortress Expansion Set — $49.99
- Desert Pokey Expansion Set — $19.99
- Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set — $19.99
- Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set — $29.99
- Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set — $29.99
- Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set — $29.99
- Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set — $69.99
- Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set — $99.99
- Thwomp Drop Expansion Set — $39.99 (“available only with select retailers, according to the news release)
- King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set — $59.99 (“available only with select retailers, too)
- Fire Mario Power-up Pack — $9.99
- Propeller Mario Power-up Pack — $9.99
- Cat Mario Power-up Pack — $9.99
- Builder Mario Power-up Pack — $9.99
- Character Packs — $4.99
Doesn’t this just get your nostalgic senses tingling? I can’t wait to get my hands on some of these! How about you?