DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
When the newest season of my favorite show was announced, I started planning a watch party–and this Stranger Things Waffle Cake will be the centerpiece!
Now, if only I could find some demogorgon chocolate…
Stranger Things Waffle Cake
Let’s be very clear, I don’t get a lot of time watch shows that aren’t rated G and picked by my preschoolers.
Heck, I’ve had to basically swear off anything even slightly PG lately because the little one says its “too scary.”
But I will not give up Stranger Things (or this waffle cake–it’s so super easy to make).
Now, I’m not saying I don’t EVER get a chance to watch adult shows–but I get so little time that it’s like rationing.
So, I have to make a decision…do I watch anime, history stuff…comedy?
No. I’m in for Stranger Things, every time.
I don’t know why, but sci-fi stuff like Stranger Things is always my favorite.
And, I’ve already decided that I will find a sitter for the premier–and throw a party with this Stranger Things Waffle Cake ready to go.
I don’t care if my friends actually come over or anything. I mean, I’m sure they will.
But July 24th, I’m literally making my Stranger Things Waffle Cake, setting up the mini-bar and getting my binge on.
And, the best part is, if my friends DO show up for my own little binge party, I will absolutely have enough waffles to make everyone their own Stranger Things Waffle Cake, because they’re so ridiculously easy to make.
Each person could even assemble and make their own–I don’t care.
I’m just there for the binging. LOL!
And, if we run out of waffle batter, I can always just grab some frozen waffles–that’s more true to form anyway, with Elle’s obsession with Eggos.
Now, go ahead and pin this to your Stranger Things Party board on Pinterest so you have this awesome Stranger Things Waffle Cake on your list for your binge-party.
And, don’t forget to hit this recipe with a 5-star rating if you love this sweet little Stranger Things Waffle Cake!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 tblspn sugar
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tblspn white vinegar
- 2 tblspn vegetable oil
- Spray Can Whipped Cream
- Black GEL Writing Icing
- Red Icing
- Orange Icing
- Blue Icing
- Yellow Icing
- Green Icing
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Combine apple sauce and oil with milk mixture.
- Add wet and dry mixture together and beat with a hand mixer until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon onto waffle iron.
- Remove from the waffle iron when steam slows down or the edges are browned, or when the waffle iron opens without tearing the waffle in half.
- When you have 3 waffles fully cooked, assemble the “waffle cake” by putting whipping cream between each layer, then drawing a loose “w” shaped line with the black writing icing, two times across the top waffle.
- Using the colorful icings, add dots of one color of icing to each point of the “w” lines--I used two dots of each color.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 431mg Carbohydrates: 76g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 34g Protein: 10g