Your Yeti Cup’s Lid Is Probably Full of Mold

This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy here

If you’re like… well every basic bitch I know, then you probably drink out of a Mold-Infested Stainless Steel Travel Mug all day long.

You see, that little rubber gasket that goes around the edge of the lid and produces that spill proof seal is actually designed to be pulled off and washed.

yeti cup mold

If you haven’t checked yours in, well, since you bought it you might want to go grab it right now and have a look-see. I’ll wait.

This is really on us. Because if we’d just read the little instruction manual that came with our cup, then we would know to pull off the rubber gasket.

yeti cup mold

There’s even a warning all about this right on Yeti’s website. Well, they call it a tip when really they should make a little more of a THING about the accidental petri dish of disgustingness growing inside our freakin’ water cup.

And here’s an extra tip to prolong the life of your YETI cup: before it goes in the dishwasher, remove the rubber lid gasket to prevent any grime build up in the lid.

Yeti’s FAQ
yeti cup mold

There’s one doctor that says his patient almost died because of the mold he was unkowingly exposing himself to all day long every day.

And here we thought drinking lots of water was supposed to be healthy.

yeti cup mold

Go wash your yeti lid! Oh, and if it was particularly disgusting, I want to know. 🙂

Similar Posts

One Comment

  1. Please….take the seal off and wash it. Would you drink out of a glass for a month and not wash it thoroughly?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *