Sharks get dirty too which means they need a way to get clean! This Shark Fin Soap should do the trick and be one that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside (I like to think they have a big heart but their appetite gets the best of them).
So make this Shark Week one to remember and make this soap with the kids (supervise of course since the melted soap gets hot). The best part about this craft is that these are fit for tiny hands since they are mini soaps! SO CUTE!
Supplies Needed to Make Shark Fin Soap:
- Shark Fin Silicone Mold
- Young Living Pan Away Essential Oil
- Clear Melt and Pour Base
- White Melt and Pour Base
- Black Oxide Soap Color Bar
- Ocean Blue Soap Color Bar
You will also need:
How to Make Shark Fin Soap:
- Cut your white melt and pour soap base into small cubes and place into your measuring cup. You only need enough to reach the 1/2 cup line.
- Melt the soap in the microwave on 30 second increments and stir in between heating sessions. Complete until all soap is melted (about a full minute).
- Use your knife to cut a small piece off of the black oxide soap color bar and place into the melted white soap. Stir well. Note: You only need a little since you want to achieve a light gray color and not black.
- Add 1-2 drops of the essential oil. Stir well.
- Take your plastic pipette and grab some of the gray soap. Carefully place the soap into the small area where the fin is in the silicone mold. Fill it to the top of where the fin ends. Be careful not to overfill or you will not be able to add the blue soap on top to resemble the water.
- Spray the soap with the isopropyl alcohol to remove any air bubbles on the surface.
- All the soap in the fin area to harden for at least 20 minutes. In the meantime, repeat steps 1-4 using the clear melt and pour base and the ocean blue soap color bar.
- Once your soap has had time to harden in the fin area, it’s time to pour the blue colored soap into the mold filing each cavity completely.
- Again spray the top with isopropyl alcohol to remove air bubbles.
- Allow the soaps to harden for a minimum of 2 hours prior to unmolding.
- When it’s time unmold, gently pull the mold away from the sides of the soap. Flip the mold upside down and gently push until each soap pops out.
- You can use the soap immediately or place into an airtight container for future use.
Looking for another kid-friendly craft idea? Check out this Shark Fin Bookmark!