DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
A couple of days ago I was trying to make slime, but I mixed up the steps and ended up making a super bouncy ball instead. So, I decided to let you know how to make a super bouncy ball.
I’ve made these bouncy balls before with cornstarch, and they’re cool, but they don’t bounce nearly as high as these super bouncy balls do! I think the cornstarch bouncy balls keep their shape longer, so try both!
What You Need To Make a Super Bouncy Ball:
- 1/4 Cup Elmer’s Glue-All
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Borax (you can find this in the laundry aisle)
- Gel Food Dye
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
How To Make a Super Bouncy Ball
- Pour glue into a bowl
- Add a few drops of the gel food dye
- Stir until it’s pretty blended together. This doesn’t have to be perfect, just stir it a bit.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp Borax to the Mix and stir your mixture together. It will start to form a gooey plastic-like substance.
- Now, add the water and stir the mixture around in the water. The water will never mix with the mixture, but it does help to stiffen it up.
- When your mixture is stiff enough, take it out of the bowl and run it under warm water in the sink until it hardens up. (It will never harden all the way, it’s going to be more like a big glob than anything else.)
- Dry off the glob with a towel and form into a ball.
This gooey mixture will bounce anywhere, and you can form it into all sorts of shapes. It’s moldable, and will stay in ball form for a little while before you have to reshape it. When you’re done playing, store it in an airtight container so you can use it again and again!