We are huge Star Wars fans at my house, and we can’t stop watching the new Star Wars Rebels series. So much so that we made our own Lightsaber Sugar Scrub!
We watched the preview and we ran out to grab the DVD at Walmart! I really needed to know what was in those boxes!
We were so excited about the release of this DVD, and that’s why we made our Lightsaber sugar scrub. It was totally my daughter’s idea to do the light side/ dark side thing, and I LOVE the way we got both colors into the bottle.
What you need to make Lightsaber Sugar Scrub
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (We used coconut because it’s more solid than other oils so it kept the colors separate.
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar (Just regular sugar works fine. You don’t need to get fancy with this.)
- 2-3 Drops of Gel Food Dye in Red and Blue (You don’t want to use so much because it will stain hands.)
- 10 or so drops of your favorite essential oil.
How To Make Star Wars inspired Lightsaber Sugar Scrub
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave for about 30 seconds
- Mix the coconut oil, sugar and essential oil together in a bowl
- Move half your sugar scrub to a different bowl.
- Color one bowl blue and one bowl red.
- Put both colors into a cute mason jar for maximum adorableness. Watch the video below for an awesome trick to getting the two colors next to each other!
Special thanks to #collectivebias for the opportunity to work with #sparkrebellion