This post was sponsored by General Mills through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Mott’s ® Medleys Fruit Flavored Snacks all opinions are my own.
Soon our kids will be back in school and you know what that means: lots of school lunches to be made. Making lunches seems like such a chore, doesn’t it? We do all the shopping, organizing, and packing and then half the time our kids forget their lunches. But you know what? It doesn’t have to be such a chore. In fact, we are bringing you 11 Brilliant Lunch Box Solutions that will make lunch time a breeze!
11 Brilliant Lunch Box Solutions
- Lunches are usually needing to be kept cold but if your kids are like mine, they always forget to return the cold pack or accidentally throw it away. Instead, try this trick to freeze sponges and use them as cold packs. So much cheaper too!
- Sneak in a little Vitamin C. Kids aren’t always aware of what is and isn’t good for them. By choosing snacks packed full of goodness like Vitamin C for example, you are ensuring they have a tasty and healthy snack. My kids love the Mott’s Medleys Fruit Snacks because they taste great!
- You know those mornings you hardly have time to brush your hair before getting the kids off to school? That’s where have a refrigerated snack station ready to go makes throwing those last-minute lunches together so easy!
- There is this myth that fruits (especially apples) need to be cut right before consumption or they go bad. This apple puzzle cutting trick proves that entirely wrong!
- Even when away from your kids you can let them know you are thinking about them by leaving notes in their lunch. These free printable sticky notes are perfect for this tasty occasion!
- Food is always more fun when it’s cut into little shapes! Remove crust from bread and even skin from fruit with these shape cutters.
- Crushed chips can ruin anyone’s day. Instead, try this trick where you fill the bag full of chips with air to prevent them from being crushed! Brilliant!
- Another idea on the whole “do it yourself” lunch thing, this snack station (with a DIY snack stand) makes it easy for kids to customize their own lunches each and every day. Plus, you control what’s in it so you know they are eating a balanced lunch.
- Do your kids like dipping sauces with their veggies? Of course they do! This hack to store sauces in old mini bottles is brilliant and so resourceful.
- It’s still hot at the beginning of a new school year and I love this trick of filling and freezing half of your child’s water bottle then filling the rest with water. As the ice melts your child gets more ice cold water!
- Forget all the hassle involved with making sure fruits stay cold and fresh. Instead, use our idea of making a frozen parfait using yogurt, fruit snacks, and graham crackers. By lunch this parfait will be thawed and ready to eat!
Our Favorite Solution – A Frozen Parfait!
This frozen parfait is sure to be delicious and such a great addition to any lunch box. All you need is some vanilla yogurt, crushed graham crackers, and Mott’s Medleys Fruit Snacks.
Simply fill a small container with vanilla yogurt (leave enough room at the top to add the topping).
Next, sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on top and then add the Mott’s Medleys fruit snacks.
All you need to do is place it into the freezer the night before the next school day and then place it into your child’s lunch box. By lunch time they will have a tasty parfait that is ready to eat!
Mott’s Medleys Fruit Snacks To The Rescue!
As I mentioned before kids don’t always know what is best for them when it comes to eating. Instead, they rely on taste and that determines whether or not they eat it. That’s why I love packing Mott’s Medleys Fruit Snacks into my son’s lunch. They are amazingly tasty (I find myself eating some too quite often) and they contain 100% daily value Vitamin C.
Plus, they are:
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Fat Free
They also do not contain any colors from artificial sources or artificial flavors. They are tasteful in a small bite and the perfect addition to any school lunch!
So what are you waiting for? Use these tricks to make school lunches easy, tasty, and fun. Don’t forget to stock up on Mott’s Medleys Fruit Snacks this school year too. You can find them at your local grocer.
Mott’s is a registered trademark of Mott’s LLP, used under license. © 2016 Mott’s LLP