DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I love a good pancake, but it’s all early in the morning, when we’re supposed to be lazy and having fun! So, I’ve broken the recipe down over the years to be just 2 simple ingredients, so I can have more fun decorating with my kiddo. Onward with the 2-Ingredient Pancakes…
Because I was SOOOO lazy, lots of stuff got left out of a traditional pancake recipe…But they’s still worked and tasted AWESOME (unless you like sweet pancakes, but I don’t–so put some sugar in if you want!). So, these are sugar and egg-free (assuming you use a mix that doesn’t contain sugar or egg) and can even be made dairy-free if you use coconut milk instead of cow’s milk. They cook fine either way. I like sugar-free because when you decorate your fabulous 2-ingredient pancakes, there’s little or no chance that the decoration is going to be sugar-free…so I cut where I can without sacrificing flavor. I go egg-free just because I can…
What You Need to Make 2-Ingredient Pancakes:
- 2 cups of baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Putting Together Your 2-Ingredient Pancakes:
- Place griddle on stove at medium-heat.
- Combine the baking mix and milk in a large bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup of mixture in 3 different spots on the hot griddle.
- Allow pancakes to cook until edges look dry, then flip!
- Allow pancakes to cook about an equal amount of time on the bottom, then plate them.
Decorating Your 2-Ingredient Pancakes of Awesomeness:
I love using creative ingredients to dress-up a pancake. Especially for a special occasion like a birthday or day-before-going-back-to-school..or, the best pancake day–International Pancake Tuesday (February 17th)! I mean, butter and syrup are great for a regular lazy-weekend breakfast, but for special days, I like to go all-out. Here’s what I use to make a splash on our special days:
- Sliced Strawberries and Blueberries Sprinkled with Sugar (I like fresh, but I won’t tell anyone if you cheat and use frozen)
Pro Tips for Decorating Pancakes:
- Nutella can be piped into awesome shapes and ideas, just like icing. So, using Nutella and a bit of fruit, I’ve made tic-tac-toe pancakes, stacked-like-a-scooby-snack pancakes, and even funny-face pancakes.
- Use your fruit in a creative way! It’s a tongue on a funny face…the O’s or X’s in tic-tac-toe! Or, layer it between the pancakes (this is always fun).
Nutella actually has a lot of fabulous ideas you can use to make breakfast, snacks or desserts awesomeness. They even have a whole “Spread The Happy” campaign to get people thinking about how fabulous Nutella is on pancakes! You can find out more by visiting them on their website, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Nutella + fruit = the perfect topping for pancakes! Pick up a jar of Nutella to celebrate International Pancake Tuesday. The Unique taste of Nutella hazelnut spread comes from the combination of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa, plus Nutella has no artificial colors or preservatives. Visit nutellausa.tumblr.com for recipe ideas and more!
This post was brought to you by Nutella hazelnut spread and Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. I received compensation to write this post…all opinions expressed are my own