I’m pretty sure cheese is the secret ingredient for any recipe!
And the latest recipe Disney has just released, has loads of cheese in it, one POUND to be exact!
I don’t care what day of the week it is or what the weather is like outside, it is always a good time for soup!
You know what they say, if it doesn’t taste good, just add more cheese! At least that’s what I think people say but then again, I am a big fan of cheese, so that just might be in my own head!
But let’s not focus on who’s said what, instead let’s look at the finer details of this recipe. It’s called the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from the Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot and we all know any dish served at Epcot, is at minimum, magnificent!
Here’s how you make it, but first, you’ll need an ingredients list!:
- 1/2 pound of Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium Red Onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 Celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 cups of Milk
- 1 pound of White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- Coarse Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of warm Canadian Golden Lager or any pale lager-style beer
- Chopped scallions or Chives, for garnish
- In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook your Bacon, stirring it over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the Red Onion, Celery, and Butter, and sauté until the Onion has softened for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add your Flour and cook while stirring for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in the Chicken Stock and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add your Milk and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes. Do not boil after the Milk has been added.
- Remove from heat and add your CHEESE, Tabasco Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt, and Pepper. Blend with an immersion blender until the Cheese is melted and the soup is smooth. Next, stir in the warm beer. If your soup is too thick, you can thin it with warm Milk.
- Make sure to serve your finished product hot and garnished with chopped Scallions or Chives!
And as always, you can check out the recipe here, at Disney Parks Blog! Enjoy!