Like many I have a new year’s resolution to eat healthier this year. However, I do not like to sacrifice taste for a smaller waist line because, what is the point in that? Luckily, I have found a way to satisfy my tastebuds while being able to avoid unnecessary fat and calories. This Egg White Breakfast Skillet is where it’s at and I am sharing this recipe with you today.
What You Need to Make an Egg White Breakfast Skillet:
- Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
- al fresco chicken bacon
- al fresco chicken sausage
- Egg Whites
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Roma Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- 1/3 Onion, Diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make an Egg White Breakfast Skillet:
- In a small skillet, start browning your hash browns according to the package.
- Cook your chicken bacon and chicken sausage until throughly heated then chop and set aside.
- While your meat and hash browns are cooking, you can take this time to dice up your fresh vegetables.
- Once your meat is cooked, start cooking your egg whites. I used about a cup of egg whites to make a skillet that will feed 3-4 people. You can adjust accordingly.
- Once your eggs are cooked, add in the rest of your ingredients (including the cheese) and place on low. Allow this to get warm for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with cheese and fresh sliced avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
Breakfast Done Differently
When you think of breakfast you probably think of the traditional meats like pork bacon and sausage but with a new year and a new you, you need new breakfast meats. The al fresco chicken bacon and al fresco chicken sausage are both great alternatives to eating healthier without sacrificing taste.
al fresco all natural offers more than 30 flavorful and healthy chicken products ranging from dinner and breakfast sausage to meatballs, chicken burgers and chicken bacon. al fresco is the #1 better-for-you chicken sausage brand in the U.S. All of al fresco products have at least 50% less fat than traditional pork and beef products, are 100% all natural and delicious. There are no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no nitrates or nitrites, no MSG and gluten free. All al fresco products have 35% less sodium than pork products. Whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time – when you eat al fresco, you eat better. al fresco all natural is manufactured by Kayem Foods, Inc. For more information, visit the alfrescoallnatural.com.
And don’t forget that with Simply Potatoes are you are eating healthier in a more convenient way. They are made with real ingredients and fresh, never frozen potatoes. They are easy to prepare and only require a few minutes of cooking time. Making breakfast tasty and simple!
So don’t wait, head to your local grocer and pick up Simply Potatoes along with al fresco chicken meats today! You can also learn more by following Simply Potatoes on: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Enter to win a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet like the one below. A $59.95 value. Simply comment below letting me know if you plan to give this recipe a try! Giveaway winner will be drawn on January 27th, 2017.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.