Elf on the shelf is a fun way to countdown to the Christmas Holiday with your kids, but I have a daughter, and she doesn’t have a lot of army men and legos laying around, so we needed to come up with some Elf on The Shelf Ideas for Girls at my my house! If you don’t already have an elf, you can get the girl elf on the shelf with a little skirt here.
25 Elf On The Shelf Ideas For Girls
- Put glow bracelets around your elf like hula hoops! This inspiring idea is just perfect if your girls are into hula-hooping. Not only that, but such an Elf on the Shelf will look great in almost any area of your house, especially if the glow bracelets come in a wide variety of colors. (You might want to do this one a few minutes before the kids wake up instead of the night before, so it’s nice and glowy.)
- Sometimes your Elf on the Shelf just needs a little manicure. You can’t blame her– all those trips to the North Pole are terrible on her cuticles. Polishing the nails of your Elf on the Shelf is an activity that you can do with your little girls. Similar to glow bracelets, we suggest that you invest in colorful nail polishes that will allow you to have a great family time and change the manicure every couple of days. In the end, the Elf may serve as a mannequin and allow you to know whether a particular nail polish works or doesn’t.
- Oh no! Be careful, or your little Elf on the Shelf can get trapped in the vacuum cleaner! As long as it is something that you did on purpose, this is a creative and entertaining idea. Putting your Elf on the Shelf in a mini vacuum cleaner will not only serve as an interesting house decor but also suggest to your little girls the importance of vacuum cleaning.
- Take a regular doll and turn it into a super cute girly Elf on the Shelf. So cool! Dressing your Elf in Christmas-inspired skirts and other clothing pieces is an idea that you shouldn’t miss out on. At the end of the day, if Barbie dolls are so popular, there isn’t a reason why your girls wouldn’t get an opportunity to turn their elf-on-the-shelf into a beautiful doll (especially if you go for the nail polish idea too).
- I love how this little Elf has her hair wrapped up after a nice shower. Adorbs! Dressed in a beautiful pink clothing combination, this Elf on the Shelf is perfect if you want to showcase the cuteness of these dolls. You can always switch the hair wrap for a beautiful cat or add more details to the comforting look that this “Twink” elf rocks.
- We always have our Elf bring a Christmas tree and decorate it in the middle of the night for my daughter. She flips! It works great in a wide variety of positions, such as putting it on top of your Christmas tree or along with the presents. In addition to that, you can add inspiring Elf on the Shelf printable notes that will serve as Christmas tree decor and carry messages for your little girls.
- Eep! Your Elf can even drop off a cute little Elf on the Shelf nightgown. It will be SO cute in Christmas morning pictures! Coming in a gamut of sizes, it is an attractive clothing piece that your girl will surely love. Not only is it great for posing in your Christmas pictures, but it will also allow your kids to feel like they are a part of the elf community. Most importantly, these nightgowns are made to last and you will not have any issues cleaning this dress from chocolate chip cookie residues.
- The Elf on the Shelf can play in mommy’s makeup drawer. CUTE! If you were intrigued by the idea of nail polishing an Elf on the Shelf, then you are sure to love putting your home elf to search for their favorite makeup piece. Just make sure that the elf doesn’t run away with all the contents of your drawer.
- Have your Elf on the Shelf get into your craft stash and bling herself out! This is another hide-and-seek idea that will make your girls giggle and that fits the Christmas atmosphere.
- This Elf on the Shelf Kissing Booth is so perfect! She has more Elf on the Shelf Printables here! If you are someone who enjoys taking family pictures on Christmas morning, then you should have your elf pictured next to this kissing booth. Most importantly, it is functional and serves as Christmas home decor.
- Your elf can hang from Rapunzel’s long hair! Love! Who doesn’t like fairy tales? Well, this idea is just perfect, especially if your girls want to grow their hair as long as Rapunzel did. Having an elf chill out on your hair locks is a pretty cool fashion decor. The best part about it? It will take only a few minutes to set up.
- Send your Elf on the Shelf on a little date with Barbie! It is a fact that Barbie dolls are the most popular when it comes to girly toys. With that in mind, there isn’t a reason why you shouldn’t have your elf and the favorite Barbie doll of your girl meet on a Christmas morning date. Make sure that both of the dolls are dressed up nicely and arrange a Christmas-inspired setting so that you can take photos of your little girls with the elf and the Barbie doll.
- Use your daughter’s silly socks to make a Elf on The Shelf slumber party! If you and your girls are into DIY ideas, then this is the best one. It requires a lot of creativity and time, but we assure you that it will be the best part when you are done. In our opinion, you are best off having all elves dressed up differently. With that in mind, you will be able to claim that you are having the most versatile Christmas party out there.
- Your elf will fit just perfect in a Disney Princess Dress. Perfect! As mentioned above, Disney movies and fairy tales go very well with the Elf on the Shelf concept. Thus, you may want to renew your home elf’s wardrobe by investing in a few beautiful dresses (Cinderella, Rapunzel, etc.). We assure you that your girls are going to have a lot of fun trying out different clothing combinations on the Elf on the Shelf. In addition to that, you can also buy the same Disney princess dress for your little ones and have them take creative Christmas-inspired photos with the beautifully dressed dolls.
- Or you can fashion some winter wear for the freezer! If your Elf is more about hanging out in a chill environment, then you will want to look for some cold-friendly clothing pieces. A dense down jacket and waterproof boots are what we would recommend. The fact that your elf is wearing winter clothing pieces doesn’t mean that they can’t be fashionable. Keep in mind that this will allow you to have your Elf on the Shelf in a freezer, surprising all of your hungry guests and reminding them of the upcoming Christmas.
- Sometimes the elf can be a little mischievous, and change all the contacts in your daughter’s phone to reindeer names! YES! If you are in to have a bit of creative fun, then we suggest that you take your daughter’s phone as she is sleeping and think of cool reindeer (Google is your friend). Just make sure that you write down the original contact names so that your girl doesn’t get mad. That, and, of course, blame the Elf on the Shelf for doing it!
- Even elves need a little suntan. Yes, it is Christmas time, but that doesn’t mean that your Elf on the Shelf can’t go out sunbathing (especially if you live in an area with warmer winters). With that in mind, make sure that your elf wears appropriate clothes and put them on a window sill so that they can get enough vitamin D but stay protected from the harmful UV rays. If it is a sunny winter’s day, there is nothing wrong with you and your little girls joining the Elf on the Shelf for at least a few hours.
- You never know when you elf will need to make a call, or two, or three… With that in mind, you will want to get your elf a mini phone that they can use in case of an emergency. Also, you can put them by your house telephone so that they can answer any of the Christmas greeting calls that you might receive. Combine this with the reindeer contacts in your daughter’s phone, and you will have a whole lot of laughs.
- Or dress up in mommy’s high heels! One of the best occasions for this is if you would put your Elf on the Shelf on a date with a Ken doll. High heels are elegant and would work great if your elf is wearing an attractive gown. Frankly, it is hard to find a more entertaining idea than dressing your Elf on the Shelf in feminine clothes.
- Put little smooches all over your elf’s face! I love this! It is Christmas time which means that you should overwhelm all of your family members with love. Yes, we are thinking about Elf on the Shelf too! Get your best lipstick on and have you and your daughters smooch your house-elves, then take an inspiring Christmas selfie with them.
- You never know when there will be an impromptu elf dance party! Similar to the slumber party you’ve created out of your daughter’s fun socks, there isn’t anything wrong in dressing your elves nicely and having them enjoy a couple of drinks right before Christmas morning. The more elves there are, the better the atmosphere will be. Make sure that you have a couple of boy and girl elves, and imagine how they would dance to the beautiful Christmas songs.
- Elf on the Shelf Photo Booth! It’s every little hipster girl’s DREAM! With taking selfies and posting them to social media being a huge trend, creating an elf-inspired photo booth is a great idea. It should be pretty similar to the kissing booth mentioned above. Once you have it set and ready, make sure to take tons of selfies and portrait photos in a variety of positions. It is fun family time and will allow you to remember the beautiful Christmas morning that you, your daughters, and the Elf on the Shelf had.
- Cooking Elf on the Shelf is always a huge hit at my house! Apart from inspiring family time, Christmas is about delicious and cozy food. With that in mind, you should have your Elf on the Shelf help you prepare the meals that you and your family will enjoy for Christmas. Elves have helped Santa deliver gifts throughout the centuries, so we are sure that they don’t have anything against being sous chefs.
- Sometimes the Elf on the Shelf gets into the hair bows. I can’t blame her. They’re adorable. Don’t worry – elves have a lot of fun getting tangled in different places. Thus, you and your daughters can have a lot of fun attaching your Elf on the Shelf to a tangle of hair bows and then hanging it as a Christmas-inspired decor. Not only that, but you can turn it into a wig and have a bunch of creative photos that you will all laugh about. On top of all that, having one Elf on the Shelf hanging from Rapunzel’s hair and the other from a knot of hair bows will serve as a great comparison.
- We always plant a mint and have the elf use her magic to grow it into a candy cane overnight! Last but certainly not least, it is an idea that isn’t only creative and will allow you to have fun family time, but will also provide you with a bunch of refreshing mints to put on your Christmas-inspired desserts. Don’t forget that you will have your Elf on the Shelf monitoring the process and alert you in case your mint needs to be watered.
If you are looking for even more Elf on The Shelf Ideas, check these out!
Your Modern Family’s 25 Funniest Elf on The Shelf Ideas For Boys!
And Meaningful Mama’s 25 Elf On The Shelf Ideas to Encourage Character
This post contains affiliate links.