I was watching this commercial earlier today–(That’s actually a rarity, I am a total commercial fast forwarder, sorry corporate networks)–and Mariah Carey was sending her list of things she needed in her hotel room before she arrived.
I turned to the husband (remind me to get a snappy nickname for him later) and said, “I wish I was so awesome I needed a Diva list.”
He laughed, made some comment about my total high-maintenance divaliciousness, and we dropped the point. But then–I started thinking about my Diva List.
What would be on it? What crazy things would I make people run all around the city to make sure I had immediate access to upon my arrival.
And so… this is My Diva List:
1. Starbucks Green Tea Lemonade–I’d have a whole pitcher of this in the fridge. I could drink that stuff, and only that stuff for the rest of my life and be completely happy.
2. A charging station. I don’t ever want to haul my cords around again. I want there to be a place to charge my laptop, my phone, and just whatever the hell else I need all juiced up at that particular moment. This would be total heaven.
3. Dairy Free Snacks–I know this one’s kind of lame or whatever, but I’m allergic to dairy, and I need snacks. So it has to go on my diva list.
4. Super cool toys for the daughter–I am so not traveling without her, so they better have the latest and greatest of the toys there for her to test out. I want her to feel like she’s at home… only better!
5. Brand new bedding–I am way grossed out that we all sleep under the same sheets and bedspreads in hotels even if they wash them. I want mine to be like just pulled out of the package new!
6. Sunglasses in my prescription just in case. I love sunglasses, and have a tendency to misplace mine, so I would want there to be an extra pair for when I leave mine on my head and forget lose mine.
7. Bubble Bath. I am a fan of the bath. The bubblier the better. If I could write books in the bathtub, I think I might never leave that room. I would want them to make sure they had fancy bath fizzers, body scrubs and all the fixin’s for an awesome bath. Oh, and they would all have to be the SAME brand. I don’t care WHAT brand, but it freaks me out when I mix products.
8. Q-Tips. Just include them. Seriously, I like clean ears. Don’t make fun of me.
9. Pens and paper. I want them everywhere. Sometimes ideas pop into my head and I need them jotted down. As part of this diva service, I’d like someone to collect ALL the scraps of paper from when I leave the room and transcribe them into an email for me. That way I wouldn’t have to keep up with said paper scraps, but the could still be used to their full effectiveness.
10. Nail Polish in whatever color I am wearing right then. Ugh. I hate when I chip the polish off and don’t have a matching color. So–just leave me a whole damn manicure station. I only wear China Glaze nail polish though… so keep that in mind.
Wow, that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I guess I’m not that much of a diva after all.
Now readers, I want you to write YOUR Diva List and link it in the comments below!