It seems like it’s been a long time since we’ve been up close and personal with a Demogorgon but all of that is about to change because Netflix’s Stranger Things Season 3 Finally Has a Release Date and We’re Clearing Our Calendar.
Netflix’s Stranger Things Season 3 Finally Has a Release Date and We’re Clearing Our Calendar
Netflix’s Stranger Things has been a huge hit since it’s original release in July 2016. The second season which aired in October 2017, kept everyone wanting more and what we didn’t know then was that Netflix already had plans for a third season during that time.
While we have to wait just a little longer, the third season has officially been announced.
Are you ready?
Time to clear those calendars this Summer (yes, summer) because Stranger Things Season 3 is releasing July 4, 2019!
Yes, you read that right – right on Independence Day in the US.
Looks like the only fireworks people will be seeing this year is those sparked in someone’s eyes from all the radness they will see in the new series.
Why the long wait?
Netflix’s vice president of original programming Cindy Holland, said it was because they wanted it to be epic before they released it. She said:
“The Duffer Brothers and Shawn Levy (producer), they understand the stakes are high. They want to deliver something bigger and better than last year. I think it’s going to be a fantastic season. It will be worth the wait.”
There is a new cast too…
Of course, not an entirely new cast as all of the original cast will be present, but there is some new members making their way into the third season.
The new cast includes:
- Maya Thurman-Hawke (daughter of Uma and Ethan) will star as Robin, a new character who uncovers a “dark secret” in Hawkins.
- Storm Troopers star Jake Busey will star as Bruce Kline and Mayor Kline
- Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) will star as Mayor Kline
- Francesca Reale (Haters Back Off’s) will star as Heather, a lifeguard at the community pool who becomes the focal point of a “dark mystery”.
- Lucas’ little sister Erica (played by Priah Ferguson) is set to play a much bigger role. According to a release from Netflix, season three will see her embark on a “wild mission to save Hawkins from a dangerous and unexpected new threat”.
So, that is where we are.
Stranger Things Season 3 is going to occupy at least our first week of July as we all binge the new season with a new cast, new surprises, and new thrills.
I cannot contain my excitement and July cannot come soon enough!