All over social media, I am reading posts from people telling other people how to wash their hands. Didn’t we learn about all of this in elementary school?
People are all over the internet worried about the spread of the Coronavirus and hand washing. Y’all…there is always some sort of virus floating around.
Have you really not been washing your hands? Like, with soap? Wash your dang hands!
Handwashing is one of the number one things you can do to prevent the spread of illness. This should have already been a thing even before the fear of the Coronavirus.
I’ve actually read that a lot of people just do a “rinse and shake”, seriously? Do you really think that is doing anything? You are just shaking your filthy germs all over everything.
I’m officially grossed out! Check out this image that shows what hands look like at different stages of washing. Do better people!
30 seconds of hand washing isn’t really taking much away from your life.
Getting sick takes a LOT of your life. Also, stop touching your face! Did you know the average person touches their face 23 times an hour?
The CDC recommends the following:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
I have straight up watched people walk out of a public restroom and leave without washing. Nasty! Please don’t be nasty, wash your filthy hands!