DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I love my bed. It’s pretty much my favorite place in the world, and I would never leave it if that were in any way socially acceptable. Why? Because my bed is so cozy and wonderful. It has just the right amount of pillows– enough to make you feel cocooned without feeling smothered. (Side Note: I had to look up how to spell the word cocooned. I don’t think I’ve ever needed to type it before in my whole life.)
It’s not easy to make your bed the perfect mix of comfortable and cute. Here are 15 Ways To Make Your Bedroom Cozy.
Ways To Make Your Bedroom Cozy
- Get Rid of Your Top Sheet. That thing is useless. It drives me insane, and we only put it on our beds because it CAME with the bottom sheet so we feel like we should. Use it to make some coordinating pillows or something.
- Add some fairy lights. I love doing this. It makes your bedroom feel like your own private party. And isn’t that what a bedroom SHOULD feel like? Also, as an added bonus, you will look amazing under the soft glow.
- And while we are at it, lighting is seriously important. Lamps are boring and so your mom’s bedroom. Add a super cool statement light next to your bed. You can make your own.
- Add a big fluffy faux fur throw. This makes your bed look totally chic, but has the added bonus of keeping your warm when your husband steals all your covers. Meanie.
- Forget the cotton sheets. Linen is the way to go. Yeah, I know it’s more expensive, but they last longer and they feel like a night at an expensive hotel.
- Get a headboard. This isn’t college anymore, stop sleeping on just a bed frame. And if you can’t afford an expensive one, just make your own for less than a hundred bucks.
- Add a fluffy fantastic pillow top. Here’s the thing, pillow top mattresses are insanely expensive, and you can’t flip them to save on the wear and tear. So, just buy the top and stick it on top of your mattress instead.
- Layer your rugs. It looks ultra chic and gives your feet somewhere nice and squishy to land when you wake up.
- Make your own throw pillows. It always blows my mind how expensive throw pillows are, so I just make my own. I am terrible at sewing, but it’s pretty easy to do.
- Get two comforters. This is my favorite bed hack of all time. I never even make my bed, I just sort of toss these around with some coordinating sheets to make everything look mega lived in and cozy.
- If you can, stick your bed in a nook. It will feel like a little hug. And who doesn’t love a little hug?
- Or create your own by adding a canopy.
- Add a photo wall above your bed. Use frames, don’t use frames– do whatever you want. This is the best way I know to display family photos!
- White is so cozy. I know, I know– everyone loves cute colored sheets that match, but there is something so classically cozy about white.
- Don’t make your bed. Ever. Even when you change the sheets, just sort of throw everything on in the general direction it needs to be. Nothing is less cozy than a bed that is all stiff and boring!
Looking for awesome kid’s bedrooms? Here are some of my favorites!
This post contains affiliate links.