There is just something comforting about a slow-cooked roast that makes your day better!
The GREAT thing about this recipe is, it takes less than 10 minutes to prep. Then you just throw everything in your slow cooker, turn it on, and go about your day.
Before you even know it, dinner will be DONE, and your family will LOVE it.
Now, there ARE yummy slow cooker roast recipes that have tons of ingredients, but this is NOT one of those.
This is my FAVORITE pot roast recipe, and it only uses 4 ingredients!
Here’s what you need
- Chuck Roast — make sure it will fit in your slow cooker
- Onion Soup Mix — I use Lipton, right out of the box.
- Potatoes — I don’t care what kind you use. Red, Russet, Yellow — They’re all good
- Carrots — You can use baby carrots or adult carrots. Ha!
- You will use water, but I don’t count that as an ingredient — because it’s water
- OPTIONAL — Onion, or any other hardy vegetable you want
Here’s how you make the roast
Wash the vegetable. You don’t even have to peel the carrots or potatoes, but you can if you want.
Cut up all vegetable into bite size pieces.
Throw them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sear the meat in a hot pan on the stove. Just enough to get some color on all sides.
Put the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
Sprinkle the onion mix on top of the roast.
Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Cover it all, and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
That’s it!! The meat will fall apart when you’re done cooking it, and the veggies will be so stinking soft and delicious!
- Chuck Roast
- 5 Potatoes
- 5 Carrots (or 1 1/2 Cups of Baby Carrots)
- Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Optional -- Onions or Other Hardy Veggies
- Wash all vegetable
- Peel the veggies if you desire, but you don't have to
- Throw the veggies in the slow cooker
- Sear the meat for about 2 minutes on each side in a hot pan on the stove
- Thow the roast in the slow cooker, on top of the veggies
- Sprinkle the onion mix on top of the roast
- Pour in 1 cup of water
- Place lid on slow cooker
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours
If you LOVE slow cooker recipes, you have GOT to check out how to roast a WHOLE Chicken in your slow cooker.