These Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth recipe that will make you BEG for more. With a delicious soft cookie and sweet, decedent chocolate, you’ll have your new favorite cookie recipe.
I love this cookie recipe because it combines a soft and sweet cookie with a bit of chocolate and crunch with the sprinkles. You truly get the best of both worlds!
Aside from this recipe being easy to make, it’s also completely customizable. You can take this basic butter cookie recipe and tweak it to match any theme, party or occasion.
For example, you can turn these into a butter cookie Christmas recipe by adding a bit of food coloring to turn the cookie red or green, then add a dash of Christmas sprinkles.
You could do the same for Halloween and make the cookies black, purple or orange and then add some cool Halloween sprinkles on top.
The possibilities are endless and that is why it is hands-down one of my favorite recipes.
Once your dough is made, you can also imprint any design into the cookie you want. I just used my kitchen potato pusher but you can use anything.
Check out the full recipe below.
Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies
For The Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For The Dip
- 6 oz while almond bark
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet, either lined with parchment paper or lightly spray with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly incorporate this mixture into the butter and sugar. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, roll out cookie dough balls and line them on the cookie sheet. I grabbed a whisk from my kitchen that had a pretty design and pressed it into the cookie dough for a fun design. You can use anything in your kitchen, be creative!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges start to turn a golden brown color.
- Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow all of the cookies to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, warm the chocolate and oil together in the microwave. Cook for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each time. Once the chocolate is completely melted, dip each cookie into the chocolate, allow the excess drip off and then lay onto a sheet of wax paper; finish with the sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate on the cookies to harden and then serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g