DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you have joined our super awesome Facebook group, right? If not click here to follow!
The miniatures keep getting cuter and cuter! Yesterday I showed you the miniature octopus and whale amigurumi crochet sea creatures, today I have a dragon!
Isn’t this the most adorable little dragon you ever did see? The amount of detail is freaking mind blowing! That little face! Those little itty bitty wings! I want to hug it with my fingertips!
As a professional photographer I am mesmerized. I am sitting here thinking of all sorts of ways I could photograph these tiny little dragons. This would be so entertaining for me right now!
The pattern is by NansyOops, the same lady that designed the tiny octopus! This pattern has 25 pages of instructional material and has 140 photos! If you are like me, then you need the visual as well as the written instructions.
However, you can get one completely made and ready to hold right from etsy!
This one is called ‘Crochet pattern Dragon El’Ejin‘. It measures just tiny 2 cm and basic crochet skills are a prerequisite.
Y’all, the head tilt! I just can’t get over it! As with the octopus, I will require one in every color!
I don’t know about you, but I just want one completely done and ready to hold, pose and take pictures of. If that is what you want, you can order your Mini Baby Dragon Here.
If you are making your own, in addition to the pattern, you will need:
Embroidery floss in Main Color, skein separated (stripped) into individual strands. (I use Kirov Yarn Mills Mouline for Embrodeiry or DMC brand cotton embroidery floss). May be substituted with thin sewing thread. The thinner the thread, the smaller the dragon will turn out.
• Embroidery floss in an additional color for the wings, scales, and tail.
• A length of black sewing thread for the eyebrows and nostrils.
• A length of white sewing thread for the white of the eye.
• Rip-resistant thread for cinching. (I used sturdy sewing thread held double.)
• Crochet hook 0.5 mm [US Steel Crochet Hook Size 18].
• Glass toy eyes diameter 2 mm [0.01 in]. I ordered mine from AliExpress. (What to do if eyes in this size are not available? You can make your own from polymer clay and cover them with a glossy enamel finish, or use seed beads.)
• Glue gel, “Moment” brand super glue.
• Thin beading needle, diameter 0.45 mm [0.02 in].
• Sharp nail scissors.
• Stuffing (polyester fiberfil).
• A toothpick or broken felting needle – used to insert stuffing.
• For blushing – oil pastel and toothpick.
But if you want to make your own, you can find the pattern for this adorable dragon on etsy and it’s super affordable too!
The pattern will cost just under $10 and says Basic crochet skills are a prerequisite.
If you need something a little bigger to cuddle, check out this Elemental Air Dragon by Megan Lapp!
It is absolutely stunning and so much detail! Just check out the back! The wings and tail, the spine! WOW! Talk about an artist!
You can also get this pattern on Ravelry to make your very own Elemental Air Dragon! So who is going to teach me to crochet? The more I search, the more of these I want, so I have to learn to make them! Help a girl out, what is the easiest way to learn at home?