Disclosure: Kellogg Company sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.
Christmas is almost here which means those little elves everywhere are keeping busy. I don’t know about you but our elf, Buddy likes to bake! His most recent inspiration was himself (yes he is so full of himself these days) and he made these Elf Hat Rice Krispies Treats! The true inspiration lied behind the original marshmallow treat and of course, his hat!
Supplies Needed to Make Elf Hat Rice Krispies Treats:
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 6 Cups Kraft Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- Red Chocolate Candy Melts
- White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Serrated Knife
- 9″ Round Pan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 Large Bowls (one microwave safe)
- Rubber Spatula
- Paper Straws or Craft Sticks
How to Make Elf Hat Rice Krispies Treats:
- Place 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the second bowl add your marshmallows and butter and place into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Continue cooking for 30 seconds and stirring until melted. Note: be careful not to burn the marshmallows.
- Add the melted marshmallow mixture to the Rice Krispies Cereal and mix well.
- Spray your round pan with non-stick cooking spray and place the marshmallow/cereal mixture into the pan.
- Try to pack the mixture as tightly as you can into the pan. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once hardened you can remove the Rice Krispies Treats by gently flipping over the pan onto a cutting board. It should pop right out.
- Use your serrated knife to cut triangles out of the rounded treat. This is like cutting a pizza but you want the pieces to be about half the width of a normal sized slice of pizza. Remember the idea is to make these look like an elf hat.
- Place a straw or stick into the bottom of each hat.
- Melt your white candy melts in the microwave just as you did the marshmallows in step 3.
- Take your hat treat and dip the bottom (flat part) of the treat into the white melted chocolate. You only want to cover about 1/4 of the hat in white.
- Take a straw or stick and stick it into the bottom of your chocolate dipped treat. Then lay the treat on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Tip: Dip the straw or stick into the chocolate before sticking it into the treat it will help bond it together better.
- Once the treats have dried, it’s time to dip the remaining treats in the red chocolate. Repeat step 10 to melt the chocolate.
- Dip the hat into the red melted chocolate until the remaining treat has been covered. Again lay it on the parchment paper to dry.
- Once your treat has entirely dried, you can enjoy them or even wrap in some cute bags and gift for the holidays!
Enjoying the Holidays with Rice Krispies
Rice Krispies Treats have become a favorite of many. Making them homemade as a family is fun and a great way to spread holiday cheer. You can be creative with your treat, decorate it any way you like, and of course gift it to family and friends. All it takes is 3 simple ingredients and a whole lot of love to make this delicious treat!
In our home we love Rice Krispie Treats simply for the great taste but want to know why else I love them? They are a brand that cares about their community and this year they are partnering with Toys 4 Tots: Treats for Toys by giving away holiday toys to children in need up to $50,000! You can read the terms and conditions here.
So while you are baking your heart out this holiday season grab a few simple ingredients and grab the family to make a one of a kind treat everyone will love! Once your treat is made you can share images of it on social media and use hashtag #treats4toys to spread the word about the Toys 4 Tots: Treats for Toys promotion.
Kellogg Company sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.