It’s been, oh, about 3 days since I made something unicorn- or rainbow- themed. Get Your Squee Ready, It’s Rainbow Unicorn Cake.
Get Your Squee Ready, It’s Rainbow Unicorn Cake
He is, unfortunately, a Debbie-downer about that kind of thing.
So, I console myself through baking ridiculously colorful things like Freaktacularly Simple Unicorn Cheesecake and, of course, this magnificent Rainbow Unicorn Cake.
Now, you might be thinking that I am a giant, walking ad for an over-grown adult. And, you might be right.
But I don’t think I am.
I believe that I am, in fact, the perfect adult–one just a tad silly and totally into the fact that the ability to find the fun in things is a gift.
I, indeed, have that gift.
For me, it’s a matter of simply adding a little bit of sprinkles or a dash of edible glitter to make things happy.
Cake boring? Add some rainbow layers and sprinkles on top.
Outfit choices got you down? Pick the one with sprinkles of color.
Bad day at work? Send your boss an anonymous glitter-bomb-letter.
See? Sprinkles and glitter and rainbows, my friends–they make everything better.
Oh, maybe you don’t believe in sending your boss glitter bombs? Well, that’s ok. Even just THINKING about it will make you feel a bit better.
Just imagine that grumpy ‘ole puss having glitter all over their hands and having to basically deal with it for the rest of forever in their office–stuck to their seat and on their butt.
See? Even the thought is kinda funny.
But, you’re probably not hear about ideas for making your day better, are you?
Yeah, you’re here for the magnificent Rainbow Unicorn Cake.
So, this Rainbow Unicorn Cake is kinda special, isn’t it?
You know what the trick is to making this?
Slapping all the ingredients together and then separating them into different bowls to color them.
Yeah, that’s it.
No surprises, no jokes.
Just a cake that’s fun colors.
And isn’t that just sweet.
If you like a cake that’s no-surprises, but totally a Rainbow Unicorn Cake that full of amazingness, this is the cake for you.
Pin it now so you can find it again when you’re ready to make it the next time you need to either send a glitter bomb to your boss–or bake.
And, if it’s as amazingly tasty as I promised (which it is), be sure to give it 5-stars so we know you want more yummy recipes like this!
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops Red GEL food coloring
- 10-15 drops Orange GEL food coloring
- 10-15 drops Yellow GEL food coloring
- 10-15 drops Green GEL food coloring
- 10-15 drops Blue GEL food coloring
- 10-15 drops Purple GEL food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one.
- Pour water over the entire thing and mix until smooth.
- Split equally into 6 separate bowls.
- Add one color of the food coloring to each bowl.
- Stir each bowl with a clean spoon until the color is consistent throughout.
- Pour batter into 6 8-inch baking pans, lined with parchment paper. I know there won't be a lot of batter in the bottom of the pans--but that's ok. You don't need huge thick layers, just layers.
- Bake each pan for 15 minutes. In the last 5-minutes, keep an eye on them--do not let them brown too much or you will see that browning in the layers.
- Let it cool and layer with white icing and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 205mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 32g Protein: 3g