If you’ve ever tried to make a cheesecake, you’re like “oh, this should be easy” and then it’s a nightmare with water baths and all sorts of crazy. But this Freaktacularly Simple Unicorn Cheesecake looks hard–but it’s so simple I die.
Freaktacklarly Simple Unicorn Cheesecake.
And, yes, I’m on a unicorn trip–sue me.
No, don’t actually sue me. I have justification.
I have two little girls and they’re constantly looking for some snack or something–and the more fabulous it is, the more likely they are to eat it, rather than just taking a bite and being like “yeah, that’s good.”
So, as you see, making Simple Unicorn Cheesecake as opposed to Simple Cheesecake does have it’s advantages when you’re a mom of littlies.
Now, why “simple” as the other descriptor for this Simple Unicorn Cheesecake?
Well, unlike those other recipes that require things like water baths or Instant Pots with springform pans and way too many ingredients (like sour cream–who the heck puts sour cream in desserts?!)–this recipe requires NONE of that.
No, this recipe is all sorts of “exactly what do you need to make a cheesecake and nothing less”.
Extra steps? Nope.
Oh, well, except for the whole unicorn thing.
And the topping of whipped cream–because, you know, whipped cream is life.
Oh, and marshmallows–but there’s no marshmallows in this recipe, so I guess we get a pass on that this time.
That would be awkward, wouldn’t it, if I suggested marshmallows on a cheesecake?
Good news for you, I didn’t.
Well, not a lot of food coloring–just more than the few drops in the bottom of an old dropper.
You need a full arsenal of food coloring here.
Don’t get started with 5 drops–you’ll be sad.
Or your Simple Unicorn Cheesecake will be pastel, which is still fun, but not vibrant crazy.
Now, pin this post so you can find it later, go get some more gel food coloring, then get your Simple Unicorn Cheesecake on.
Oh, and when you’ve made it, be sure to give this recipe a 5-star rating if you loved it!
- For the Crust:
- 10 crushed graham crackers (bonus if you use the ones with cinnamon/sugar)
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups cream cheese (meaning two bricks), room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 10 drops cotton candy food flavoring
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 6 different neon gel food colors (blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, green)
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix crushed graham cracker and melted butter or coconut oil together until thoroughly combined.
- Mash graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar until completely combined.
- Add eggs, cotton candy flavoring and mix until completely combined.
- Split the mixture into 6 bowls, equally-ish.
- Add 5-10 drops (the more you add, the more intense the color will be) of food coloring, one color for each bowl.
- Stir each bowl with a clean spoon until each bowl's color is consistent.
- Start layering your filling mixture into the crust by pouring one color all around the bottom of the crust, making sure it covers the whole bottom.
- Pour another color on top in the center, and then another, followed by another. It should be making kind of a ripple outward. It will be amazing.
- Do not stir or touch or wiggle.
- Place in the oven for 30-minutes (add a crust-shield about 20-minutes into the baking if you are concerned about crust-burnage).
- Remove and allow to cool and place into the refrigerator until you are ready to make the topping and serve.
- For the topping, note that you should make this just prior to serving for best results. Combine the sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- With a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream mixture until it holds it's shape.
- Spread this evenly, with embellishments on the edges, all over the cheesecake.
- Add sprinkles for even more whimsy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 781Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 2gSugar: 76gProtein: 9g