DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
You’re going to need to take a seat now. Yeah, like now. Before you faint because this No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream Is EVERYTHING.
Ok, so maybe you’re not going to faint.
But this is seriously so good, it’s like a perfect little cloud of melty goodness in your mouth–without any of the fuss of having to churn the crap out of it before you can even put it in the freezer.
Yeah, you heard that right.
- agitate or turn (milk or cream) in a machine in order to produce butter. “the cream is ripened before it is churned”
- synonyms: stir, agitate;
- (of liquid) move about vigorously. “the seas churned”
- synonyms: be turbulent, heave, boil, swirl, toss, seethe, foam, froth;
- biggest pain-in-the-back reason why we never had homemade ice cream when I was kid. “mom refused to churn the ice cream”
- synonyms: reason children are sad on their birthdays, why July 4th was so special
- reason that no-churn ice cream recipes are important. “ice cream you have to churn sucks”
- synonyms: thank goodness there are no-churn recipes, this joke has gone on long enough
No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream
The best part about this recipe?
The kids are going to love it.
Whether you have kids or not, they’re going to appear out of the spaces in your neighborhood that you did not know existed and come asking about your No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream.
But, don’t ask me. Look.
All those sprinkles, all the color….it’s just a tiny taste of how amazing this is when it explodes on your tongue.
And that little taste, or, er, view, is SO IMPORTANT to the whole experience that is No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream.
Seriously, if you’re planning to make No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream, you’ve got to have the sprinkles–and the colors.
That, my friends, is where the party starts.
Then, it’s all about the flavor.
Seriously, this recipe is NOT just about the looks.
The freaking taste is like nothing else you’ve ever enjoyed.
Who knew that birthday cake flavoring in ice cream would result in such a magnificent party in my mouth?!
It was a wise choice, dropping that flavoring into my mix…wise.
And it resulted in some amazing No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream. Nice.
Now, if you need to order your birthday cake flavoring, pin this post so you can find it later–then come back to it when you’re ready to make it and drop us a 5-star review if you love it!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops cake food flavoring
- GEL Food Coloring in Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until it starts to hold it's shape a little--about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine vanilla extract, cake food flavoring and condensed milk completely.
- Fold condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipping cream until completely combined.
- Separate the mixture into 4 bowls.
- Add 5-10 drops of the GEL food coloring, one color in each bowl. You can add more coloring than I did--I was almost out of all my colors. Oops.
- Stir each bowl with a clean spoon until the food coloring is fully incorporated.
- In a freezer pan or loaf pan, layer the colored mixtures.
- With a clean butter knife, swirl the mixture a little--not a whole lot. You want to swirl, not mix.
- Throw a handful of every random sprinkle you own on top.
- Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g