DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are following us on TikTok by now, right? If not click here to follow!
When my parents were in Ireland, they met a little red headed lady in a pub who told them it was healthy to drink a pint o’ Guinness a day. Now, I don’t know about all that, but I do know these Guinness cake pops are delicious!
What You Need To Make Guinness Cake Pops
For The Cake:
- 2 cups Guinness Stout
- 4 sticks Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 bag of cake pop sticks
For The Icing:
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make Guinness Cake Pops
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a deep edged cookie sheet or a 9×13 baking dish.
- Using a medium saucepan on medium heat, bring the Guinness and butter to a light boil. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth it. Remove from heat and place to the side.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add the Butter-Guinness mixture to the sour cream and mix until fully combined. (About 1-2 minutes on medium speed.)
- Add the flour mix and beat until combined. Use a rubber spatula and lightly fold the batter to make sure there are no pockets of flour.
- Pour into the baking dish or cookie pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and do a bake check by sticking a toothpick in the cake. If it comes out clear and free of wet batter, the cake is done.
Directions For The Frosting:
- Melt butter in mixing bowl. Stir in cocoa and then alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to a spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Directions For The Cake Pops:
- Crumble the cooled cake into a bowl.
- Once the frosting is made, take a spoonful and add into the crumbled cake. Use a spoon to combine. Add more frosting until you can form a small round ball.
- Melt Chocolate in a double broiler or use a microwave. Once chocolate is melted, dip a cake pop stick into the chocolate and then push it into the rounded cake. When that chocolate has hardened, dip it into the chocolate until fully coated.