The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has released an approved list of disinfectants. These disinfectants can be used to help protect ourselves from the Coronavirus.
The actual list is 5 pages long! They say these disinfectants are strong enough to keep even the “harder-to-kill” viruses than SARS-CoV-2 away.
Using the correct disinfectant is an important part of preventing and reducing the spread of illnesses along with other critical aspects such as hand washingEPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler
The list of disinfectant products can help reduce the spread of COVID-19. The EPA, like your mama, says it’s best to always follow instructions.
It is important to be sure and pay attention to the how long the product should be left to sit on what you’re cleaning. I’m pretty sure most of us do this already, at least I hope! I mean… Salmonella?
Here are some of the registered disinfectants on the EPA’s list:
- Clorox Multi Surface Cleaner + Bleach
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions®
- Clorox® Disinfecting Spray
- Lysol brand Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate
- Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
- Lysol brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray
Guess what? Handwashing with soap and water is still the best way to prevent the spread of the virus! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says so! So wash your hands and don’t touch your face!