We couldn’t be TOTALLY THE BOMB if we didn’t like things that were da’ bomb like bath bombs for example. Well, we could but it just wouldn’t be the same! So while you are all out enjoying life, I am over here figuring out new things to make that are bomb-ish. A good kind of bomb though, not the bad scary kind. So enjoy these Star Bath Bombs because I worked really hard to make them… THE BOMB!!
Supplies Needed to Make Star Bath Bombs:
- 1/2 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Witch Hazel (in a spray bottle)
- Essential Oil
- Red Food Coloring
- Star Shaped Silicone Mold
Note: The food coloring is optional and is only needed if you plan to color your bath bombs.
How to Make Star Bath Bombs:
- In a large bowl combine your citric acid and baking soda. Stir until well blended.
- Add your olive oil. Stir well.
- Add your essential oil. You only need 1-3 drops. Stir well.
- Spritz your bath bomb mixture with witch hazel (a few short spritz is all you need). This helps the bath bombs mixture stick together.
- If you plan to color your bath bombs now is the time to add your food coloring. Add a few drops at a time and stir. If you add a bunch at once, it will cause the bath bombs to fizz. Slowly add food coloring, stir and repeat until you reach your desired color.
- With your hands, grab your mixture and firmly press into your silicone mold. You need to pack the mixture in as tightly as you can. Keep doing this until the entire mold is filled.
- Set the mold aside and allow the bath bombs to harden overnight. You can also speed up the process by covering with aluminum foil.
- After 24 hours unmold your bath bombs by gently pressing the silicone mold from the back and the bath bombs will pop right out.
Keep your bath bombs stored in an airtight container that is completely dry and free from any moisture. When ready to use, plop one into your bath and enjoy the fizz!
Like these? Make sure you check out these awesome Chocolate Bath Salts!