These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are the perfect combination of sweet, spice and everything nice to make for the most delicious fall breakfast! When you combine milk, fresh pumpkin, pumpkin spice and top with whipped cream and syrup, you’ll instantly feel like you’re having dessert for breakfast!
Looking for more Pumpkin Flavored Foods? Check out The Best Pumpkin Recipes Ever, Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Fries, Pumpkin Spice Turtles, Pumpkin Spice Milkshake, Pumpkin Spice Mini Cake Donuts, and Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
In case you haven’t noticed, we are serious around here when it comes to pumpkin flavored foods and everything fall.
I basically, eat, breathe and think about Fall when school goes back into session.
Pumpkin is just one of those distinct tastes that bring out all the flavors and colors of fall. Then when you combine the spice, it’s just a little taste of heaven.
The reason I love these pancakes so much is because they taste AH-MAZING but also, they turn out fluffy.
I don’t know about you, but flat pancakes make me sad. They also tend to end up hard and crusty on the bottom instead of moist and tender. No bueno in my book.
So, I’ll stick to my pumpkin flavored pancakes that are so fluffy even my long-haired husky (we call her fluffy) would be impressed. HA.
By the way, did I mention these are ombre, as-in ombre colored pumpkin pancakes?! Whhhhhatttt!!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 heaping Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 1/4 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin - divided - see instructions
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon of nutmeg
- In a large bowl, break the eggs, and beat them with a whisk until they're light lemon yellow, and
fluffy. Add the milk, and stir.
- Add the Oil, salt and sugar, and whisk together.
- Now, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, and whisk together just until ingredients are mixed. (Batter may be a little lumpy,
but that's okay)
- Divide batter; you'll need two bowls; place an equal amount of batter in all of the bowls, leaving an equal amount of batter
in the big bowl you mixed them in. In the first bowl, add 1/2 cup of pumpkin to the batter, and stir. In the second cereal bowl, add 1 cup
of pumpkin, and stir. You should have the regular batter in the big bowl, a light batter in the first bowl, and a darker batter in the second
- Heat an electric griddle or pan until butter melts and sizzles.
- With the heat on a medium low setting, drop the batter for the pancakes with either a ladle, or ice cream scoop, and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes with a pancake turner, and remove to a plate to serve, starting with the darkest color, the medium color,
and the natural color on top.
- Drizzle with melted butter, whipped cream, and syrup.
- Follow the same instructions until all pancakes have been cooked and plated for breakfast. Enjoy!
NOTE: These can be served with whipped cream, fruit, bacon, hash-browns, cream cheese, or other favorite toppings.
Making these pancakes is super simple and if you follow the directions above, you’ll have the most perfect pumpkin pancakes in no time!
As far as the ombre look goes, you just want to make 3 separate bowls. The more pumpkin you add to each bowl, the darker the color will be. So, as long as you have a light color, medium color and darker color of pancake batter, you’ll be doing it just right!
And when all is said and done, you will have fluffy, delicious pancakes that are as tasty as they look!