Yo mama’s a good cook. I mean, who else are you going to turn to when you want chicken and dumplings after a break-up? Who makes a better birthday cake than yo mama? Who cooked Sunday dinner for the family every single Sunday the entire time you were growing up? Yo mama. Or, maybe she didn’t. Maybe yo mama couldn’t cook squat. Maybe you grew up on microwaved everything because the only thing your oven was good for was storing the comforter in the summer. Either way, doesn’t matter. These pumpkin spice sweet potato fries are out of this world amazing in a way yo mama would never have even imagined. Not even close. Sure, she made good stuff, and you love her, but yo mama’s not perfect…unlike these amazing pumpkin spice fries! And when you make them, you should bring some to yo mama…just don’t tell her I’m the one who gave you the recipe, okay? I don’t want to be on ANY mama’s bad side!
Better Than Yo Mama’s Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Fries
Ingredients For Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Fries:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Fries:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. You’ll need a lipped cookie sheet, and if you hate doing dishes as much as I do, make sure you cover that sheet with some aluminum foil. Seriously, it’s really the only way to cook.
3. Wash and thoroughly dry sweet potatoes, and make sure to cut out any funky parts. Keep the skins on if you want that extra crispy experience, or peel them off if you’re a little bit of a wuss. Chop those potatoes into long rustic fries (c’mon, you don’t need me to walk you through this…you know what fries look like) and set them aside on a paper towel.
4. Next, mix all the spicy spices in a bowl, or coffee mug, or whatever you have handy until they’re super well blended. Like, if it looks like they were always meant to be together, that’s just about right.
5. Get out a gallon Ziploc bag. Now, some of you might prefer a bowl, but I’m sticking to the bag. Pour the sweet potato fries into the bag, then the oil, and zip that sucker shut.
6. Shake, roll, toss, do whatever you want to that bag until that oil is covering all those sweet potatoes completely.
7. Open that sucker back up and toss in the dry stuff. I could tell you to sprinkle it in carefully, but seriously, you’re about to shut the bag and shake it all up so don’t be a wuss about this.
8. Like I said, zip the bag shut and you get that seasoning over every little tiny bit of those fries.
9. Now, pour the entire concoction onto the baking sheet and spread it all out until it’s a single layer. No fry on fry action here.
10. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the outside is nice and crispy and the inside is smooth and soft. Best way to tell if you’re there? Pull one out and taste it.
11. If you want these to be even crispier, turn the oven up to 425 for just the last 10 minutes.
12. Once they’re done, put ’em on a plate, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and enjoy!
Pro Tip: These are best served with seasoned mayo dipping sauce. The easiest way to make this is to combine 1/4 tsp season salt per 1/2 cup mayo you plan to serve, and adjust to taste. For slightly spicy, sprinkle a dash of cayenne…or a lil’ more than a dash if you’re feeling truly daring!
Amir Najam Sethit
Wednesday 30th of August 2017
It's looking delicious. Thanks for posting this recipe. I love fries; I can try this.